Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Two pieces of string walk into a bar in Germany, circa 1942

Two pieces of string walk into a bar in Germany, circa 1942.

The bartender looks at them menacingly and says, "We don't serve your kind here!"

The two strings sit outside on the curb, thirsty and depressed. One of the strings says, "I've got an idea!" He twists and turns, wriggles, and roughs of the threads on his ends.

The other string says, "What are you doing?"

The roughed-up, twisted string replies, "Watch me!"

Both strings walk back into the bar. The bartender, still in a bad mood, sees the two strings sauntering back in.

He reaches under the bar and pulls out a pistol. He shoots one of the strings dead. BANG.

He turns to the roughed-up string and asks, "Well? You're a string too, aren't you!"

The string replies, "I'm afraid, Nazi!"

8 comments:

Conan776 said...

Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

Splotchy said...

I think it's funny.

It's a variation on a tired, old joke. And I thought it was funny enough to tell people on Twitter about it who might think I'm sort of funny there.

If you know about the joke I'm goofing on and still don't think it's funny, then we simply have differing senses of humor.

If you just said this to be a jerk, then BOOOOOOOOOO to you.

Conan776 said...

:( leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!

BeckEye said...

I know the joke you're goofing on. It's a classic. So, in this variation, when you say it out loud, should it sound like, "I'm a frayed knot, see?" Or did I just make it more clever than you intended? :)

Splotchy said...

Beckeye, whatever makes me look the smartest, that's what I intended.

okjimm said...

well, I liked it!

Roses said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roses said...

Know it? I have often *told* the joke you're goofing on!
So, at first, I thought you simply got it wrong. Went back and read the title, then I figured out what you did there.

Now that I've read BeckEye's explanation, I'd like to suggest two things:
1) Change the title to "Two pieces of New York gangster string walk into a bar in Germany, circa 1942", and
2) Conan776 is being a jerk.