Friday, June 15, 2007

Many Kittens Still Looking For Good Home



The first actor adoptions have gone through successfully. Many actors are now settling into their new blogosphere homes.

Still, there are so many more in need. Won't you please help?

Below is a list of adoptions thus far. Keep in mind that I did not include any person that said in a comment, "Yeah, I'd adopt Actor X."

Until you make the declaration of an intent to adopt on your own blog, it will not be recognized in the eyes of the law.

***************************************
THE ADOPTERS AND THE ADOPTEES
***************************************


Our apologies for only now noting the adoption of the delightful Michael Rappaport! A warm congratulations to Michael and his adopter, Ricky Shambles!


FINALLY! HE'S ADOPTED! Congrats to Scott for adopting character actor powerhouse David Warner!


Matty Boy has adopted the the adorable, gifted Amy Ryan!.


SamuraiFrog has unadopted the already once-unadopted Ashley Jensen!.


Pete has adopted the intensely gifted Vincent D'Onofrio!



Linda has adopted the sparkling Bradley Whitford!




Roger Owen Green has adopted the multi-talented Victor Garber!


Scott has adopted the dependably fantastic David Strathairn!


Congrats to SamuraiFrog who has adopted his FIFTH actor, the vivacious David Rappaport!


DGuzman has adopted the scintillating Ali Larter!


Dr MVM has started out Adopt-An-Actor Day right, embracing the exceptional Sarah Polley!


Gizmorox has adopted the eerily intense Cillian Murphy!


Blueberry has adopted the wonderfully eccentric Johnny Depp! If Blueberry could ask her adoptee to answer a question I posed to him back in May of 2007, I would be most grateful!



Open up some canned peaches! Stella has adopted Ian McShane!


Agi has adopted the incomparable Harry Dean Stanton!


DivaJood has adopted the wily Chris Cooper!


Cowboy the Cat has adopted the delightful Ron Perlman!


3vil Genius insists that 1) Shirley Manson is an actor and 2) He is adopting her. I certainly won't stand in the way of someone so brilliant and evil.


Film festivals adopting actors? Why the heck not? Congrats to the Southern Appalachian International Film Festival and its new adoptee Amitabh Bachchan!


Dr. MVM has adopted the elegant Eva Birthistle!



Matty Boy has adopted the superb Chiwetel Ejiofor!



Was there any doubt that this was destined to happen? SamuraiFrog has adopted William December Williams!


Two more actors have found a home thanks to the kindness of Johann! -- the versatile John C. McGinley and the radiant Judy Reyes!



Only one blogger could handle an adoptee that is a robot/spaceship pilot/athletic pirate. Congrats to McGone and his new little bundle of actorly joy, Alan Tudyk!


Make up another bed! DGuzman has adopted the brilliant Alan Rickman!



May the Force be with Freida Bee and her new adoptee, Mark Hamill! (We all know the tragedy that befell his previous caregivers on Tatooine).


Congratulations to the folks at the ultra-mundane, who have adopted the talented (and sadly, recently deceased) Stanley DeSantis!



Here's some fried gold for you: Bluez has adopted Nick Frost and Simon Pegg!


The lovely Liberality has adopted Keanu Reeves!


Hoist the Jolly Roger for Cap'n Dyke, and her new adoptee Kathy Griffin!


Burgess Meredith Remembrance Day has pushed Beckeye over the edge. Say hello to her new adopted grandfather!


Johnny Yen has adopted the effervescent Lupe Ontiveros!


Doctor Monkey Von Monkerstein has used the auspices of his new blog to adopt the talented Adrienne Shelly and Michèle Laroque!




Blowing Sh*t Up With Gas has adopted the actor I had to look up several times in order to spell his name properly -- Colm Meaney (according to his Wikipedia entry, his Irish name is Colm Ó Maonaigh -- oh sweet merciful spelling Jesus)!



Manx has adopted a second actor, the mischievous rapscallion Bill Pullman!


Henry K. Duff has adopted Hilary Duff (no relation)!


J.D. is no stranger to adoptions -- he already has taken four actors under his wing. But, let's face it, any actor *not* adopted through the auspices of this blog can (and probably will) be challenged in court. But enough veiled legal threats, please welcome his new legally-recognized adoptee, Kelly McDonald!


SamuraiFrog is a softy at heart. He has adopted Doctor Monkey Von Monkerstein's previously discarded adoptee, Ashley Jensen.



Dguzman has stepped up and adopted her second actor, the gifted and enchanting Rachel Weisz!


Say it ain't so! Dr Monkey Von Monkerstein has unadopted two actors, Ashley Jensen and Cloris Leachman.


Reel Fanatic adopted the formerly crazed preacher from Deadwood, Ray McKinnon!While he was at the orphanage, he picked up Ellen Page as well!

Bob has adopted the immeasurably charming Richard E. Grant!

After almost two months to the day of announcing an intent to adopt, Slave to the dogs has finally waded through the enormous red tape to bring home the blue-eyed , dashing, mustache-sporting Tom Skerritt!

The Idea Of Progress has adopted the scintillating Zooey Deschanel!

FRANK-ROCK has adopted the seductive and sophisticated Thaao Penghlis!

Matty Boy has adopted a second actor, Christopher Guest! Excepting their disposable drummers, only the bassist and keyboardist of Spinal Tap remain unadopted!


pezda has adopted Wallace Shawn? Inconceivable!



bigshoulders has adopted the backwards-talking nosrednA .J leahciM!


Glückwunsch, Julius Firefly! Er hat Jonathan M. Woodward adoptiert.

Holy frijoles! Is it true? It is?!!! Doctor Monkey Von Monkerstein has adopted Shirley Henderson and Ashley Jensen, bringing up his total number of adoptees to four!


Give a tender round of applause to Matty Boy. He has adopted one of the brightest lights in the actorly constellation, Jeffrey Wright.

You said you'd like Hugo Weaving to leave you a message on your answering machine as Elrond of Rivendell? I dunno -- you better first ask his new adoptive parent, dguzman.

Flannery Alden has reached out to the sweetness that is Tony Hale.


Doc has quietly adopted the sophisticated Denholm Elliott.


Dr. Zaius has adopted another actor, and this one has got a mouth on her -- Mae West!

Jess has brought the living and the dead into her welcoming home. Give a wave and a smile to her new adoptees, Mary Wickes and Paul Reubens!




The big-hearted Johnny Yen has adopted a second actor -- B.D. Wong! With the current trend of adoption of abbreviated-name actors, could R. Lee Ermey be next?


SamuraiFrog has totally adopted another actor -- P.J. Soles!


I know, it's sometimes overwhelming how many actors there are out in the cold, uncaring world. But when big-hearted bloggers like Becca announce not only one, but an additional actor adoption, don't you feel like we're all going to get through this? Oh, and say hello to her happy new family members -- Rutger Hauer and Jason Isaacs!


If you think the only notable thing Boris Karloff did was stagger around the countryside scaring villagers, you're sorely mistaken. Why not talk to his proud new adoptive parent, Dr. Zaius?


The Urban Recluse has adopted the larger-than-life Brian Thompson.


Coaster Punchman has given the weary spirit of Kim Walker a safe, loving home.


Romius T. assuming he doesn't get struck down with a bolt of lightning for the questionable actorly vocation of his adoptee, or his intent to marry said adoptee, has adopted Kerry Howley.


SamuraiFrog has adopted Clancy motherf*cking Brown.


Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein wants to adopt a second actor, Cloris Leachman. Who am I to argue with our next President?


Big Orange has adopted the dreamy-eyed Bill Bixby.



Chris has adopted William Zabka. Take that, Ralph Macchio!


Deadspot has adopted the hard-working Corinne Bohrer.


After all this time, had no one snatched up Bruce Campbell yet? Well, it's too late now, as Manx has adopted him.

Grant Miller has adopted leggy South African beauty Charlize Theron.


Beckeye has adopted Joe "Joey Pants" Pantoliano.


Kim has adopted the cute, unassuming, unmistakably awesome Jeff Daniels.

Frank Sirmarco has adopted the hairy-yet-undeniably-gifted Dan Hedaya.

Dystopia has adopted the eerie-eyed Udo Kier.



Justacoolcat has adopted the adorable Albert Finney.


Kelsi has adopted the crazy insane Klaus Kinski.

Tim has adopted David St. Hubbins, aka Michael McKean.

Bubs has adopted notorious ringdinger and prolific thespian Dick Miller.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein has adopted the lovely and talented Archie Panjabi.


Johnny Yen has adopted the lovely and talented M. Emmett Walsh.


Lulu has adopted all-around nice guy Bruce Altman.

GETkristiLOVE has (when her cat doesn't divert too much attention from him) adopted Mark Harmon.

Splotchy has adopted the splendiferous David Patrick Kelly.

79 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

oooh, ooooh, and I'll take a black one, and a grey one... and

Timothy Donavan Russell said...

Hey, I exchanged Buscemi for Michael Mckean.

Splotchy said...

Okay, it's updated.

If anyone adopts a new actor or changes their adoptee, just leave a comment here, and I'll make the addition or update.

Joe said...

Say, if it means getting an extra check from DCFS or SAG every month, can we adopt more than one actor? I'm thinking of putting some bunk beds in the garage to handle the overflow.

Splotchy said...

Are you sure you want to do this?

I don't know if Dick Miller would play well with others.

BeckEye said...

I must have Joe Pantoliano.

Splotchy said...

BeckEye, you post on your blog that you're adopting him, and it's a done deal.

BeckEye said...

I haven't come up with a specific Joey Pants-related entry yet, but I did post his pic under the "Adopt an Actor" heading in my sidebar. I'll think up something to write about him soon enough. He's shown up in many of my previous posts though.

Splotchy said...

beckeye, rest assured that by the end of today, your adoption will become official.

Manx said...

Hey Splotch. I went ahead and scored a Bruce Campbell. Groovy.

deadspot said...

I've adopted Corinne Bohrer.

Splotchy said...

Congrats, deadspot!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Since no one snapped up BILL BIXBY, yet, *I* did!! he's Frying Bacon with ME, now!!

Splotchy said...

I would say be careful fryin' bacon with Mr. Bixby, but I imagine at this point he won't mind too much if he gets splattered.

Slave to the dogs said...

Sorry, just now getting to this one. Can I have Tom Skerritt?

Splotchy said...

Sure, Tom Skerritt is available. I only ask that you devote a post on your own blog indicating your intent to adopt, and then it's all legal.

PJ said...

Hi there, I've officially adopted Brian Thompson

Splotchy said...

Congrats! Thanks for visiting, and thanks for adopting such a fine actor!

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

OK, I'm in. I will adopt Tony Hale.

Splotchy said...

okay, it's official!

dguzman said...

I'm glad to welcome the shy sophistocated Hugo Weaving into our loving home! *sniffle*

http://beginningtobird.blogspot.com/2007/08/post-175-and-new-addition.html

Splotchy said...

Consider Mr. Weaving adopted!

Julius Firefly said...

I adopted Jonathan M Woodward. My blog is in German, and for that I'm sorry - but I promise to take good care of JMW anyway.

Splotchy said...

Congratulations!

Please double-check the German text I used to announce your adoption in my post -- I don't want to say something I didn't mean to :).

Julius Firefly said...

Change "angenommen" to "adoptiert", that's all - or add "sich" after "hat": "hat sich Jonathan M. Woodward angenommen".

And: thanks!

bigshoulders said...

Please welcome the newest member of my family... Michael J. Anderson.

He is now teaching me the secrets of backward speech firsthand.

M.J.A.

Pezda's Ghost said...

I am happy to announce that the foreign authorities have cleared my adoption papers, and as of Friday morning Wallace Shawn is now part of the Pezda household

Matthew Hubbard said...

Adopting my second actor, who brings a lot of his friends from the orphanage with him: Christopher Guest and his ilk.

Slave to the dogs said...

I got lost and couldn't find my way back! Anyway, you can see my official request here.

Bob said...

Over here you will find my submission for Richard E. Grant. Thank you!

Splotchy said...

You're welcome! And congratulations!

Reel Fanatic said...

OK, I'm in ... You can certainly put me down for Ray McKinnon, Splotchy, and while you're at it, put me down for Ellen Page too, if I'm allowed to claim two (and she hasn't been taken yet)

Splotchy said...

Congratulations, Mr. Fanatic (may I call you Reel?)!

dguzman said...

Hey Splotchy, I've adopted the lovely and talented Rachel Weisz, and she's decided to stay!
http://impeachmentandotherdreams.blogspot.com/

J.D. said...

I've finally adopted my cute little kitten. Isn't she cute? She's cute.

Henry K. Duff said...

Hi, I just joined the movement and adopted my near-namesake Haylie Katherine Duff. My blog's in German, though.

bigshoulders said...

Just thought I'd give a little update on my adoptee, Michael J. Anderson. My man can still dance his heiney off.

cheers,
b.s.

escralan said...

Stanley Desantis is under our foster care. I'd like to take the step and adopt, but it's just so scary. He'll always be there. I'll talk it over with my blog partner. Adoption. Does this mean we have to stop the revolving door? Does this mean if he runs away we have to go look for him?

Anonymous said...

Is it too late to adopt simon pegg and nick frost??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_of_the_Dead

heals. said...

I'm Executive Sous Chef R. Alan's blog partner (see above). We've talked this over and we'd like to adopt Stanley Desantis. We've got the post up on our site now. www.theultra-mundane.blogspot.com

let us know when you've made your decision.

dguzman said...

It's been a while now since our two additions to the family, and we've decided that Alan Rickman needs a home too! Can I have him?

McGone said...

I hope I can still adopt one for myself. He needs us as much as we need him.

Diane M. Roth said...

how do you do it? I'd like to adopt an actor, too. but who???

Diamond Dave Diggler said...

I know I'm exceedingly late to this game, but I'm going to adopt Ron Pearlman AKA Hell Boy!

Post coming.

Diamond Dave Diggler said...

I guess I need to knwo his name before I adopt him... Ron PERLMAN.

Splotchy said...

CTC, when you work out the spelling issues and get a post on your own blog announcing the adoption, I'll add him to Ye Adoption Roster.

DivaJood said...

Is it possible for an actor to have two bloggers adopt him/her? If so I would love to adopt Alan Rickman and also Chris Cooper.

Splotchy said...

DivaJood, if an actor has already been adopted, I think you would probably need to work out an arrangement with that actor's caregiver. I think you could have Chris Cooper free and clear, though.

DivaJood said...

Damn, because DK Raed gave me Alan Rickman for sole use.

Okay, I'm adopting Chris Cooper. Now what do I do? Do I have to supply him with cigarettes or something?

Splotchy said...

Simply announce your intent to adopt on your own blog, and I'll add you and Mr. Cooper to the adoption roster.

As for how many cigarettes your adoptee will get, that's up to you.

DivaJood said...

Adoption notice will go up on my blog on Sunday.

Agi said...

I hereby adopt Harry Dean Stanton.

Stella by Starlight said...

Hi Splotchy. May I join in the fun? Oh, please? I'd like to adopt Ian McShane.

Splotchy said...

Stella, certainly! Simply declare your intent to adopt on your own blog, and I'll add you and Ian to the roster.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stella by Starlight said...

Absolutely splotchy. The link is already up. Thanks for letting me join in the fun. This is such a great idea, especially for the politically burned out like me.

Blueberry said...

I want Johnny Depp. I promise to take good care of him. I have put up a post and a sidebar pic for starters.

Stella by Starlight said...

Oh, blueberry, what an excellent choice! Wednesday on our blog is going to be extremely angry at me for missing that one. I mean extremely angry.

:L)

Splotchy, Adopt an Actor is an inspired idea. We may have to make room for another wayward thespian... (but who...?)

enigma4ever said...

oooooh this is great...can I adopt one? are there background checks? do I have to prove I can cook? do I have to do the room in Zen colors? I would clean up my sidebar for such a good time....

I would like to adopt??? Micheal Kaine ?

enigma4ever said...

oh I think I would add Hugh Laurie- they could be bunkmates....(btw this is enigma4ver of watergate summer....so just let me know..thanks)

Life As I Know It Now said...

are there any left now?

Splotchy said...

Yes, there are plenty more left!

dguzman said...

Dear Splotch, is the scrumdiddlyumtious Ali Larter available for adoption?

Splotchy said...

Ali certainly is, d!

dguzman said...

Splotch--check it!
http://impeachmentandotherdreams.blogspot.com/2009/03/happy-adopt-actor-day.html

Roger Owen Green said...

Is Victor Garber available?

Roger Owen Green said...

Victor Garber!
http://rogerowengreen.blogspot.com/2009/03/im-adopting-victor-garber.html

LindyB said...

Is Bradley Whitford available?

Splotchy said...

Yes, Mr. Whitford is available! Just announce your intent to adopt on your blog, and he's all yours!

LindyB said...

k. done: http://ordopaginarum.blogspot.com/2009/03/intention-to-adopt.html

Freida Bee said...

Splotchy. I am afraid to report that Mark Hamill's hair is simply just too much for me to handle, and it has become apparent to me that he will never get past Star Wars, so I think it is in his best interest and mine that I un-adopt him.

To fill this gaping hole, can I adopt Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon. They shouldn't be separated, and from the looks of it they could use a good home.

Most appreciatively,
FB

Splotchy said...

Freida, you gots to do the unadopting and the new adopting in a post on your own blog, otherwise it is not recognized in the eyes of my imaginary law.

4urmind said...

What happens is the actor i want to adopt is already been adopted can i adopt him/her as well????

Splotchy said...

What happens is the actor i want to adopt is already been adopted can i adopt him/her as well????

That's settled in the Thunderdome.

4urmind said...

Thunderdome?? can you elaborate...

4urmind said...

Hpw do I adopt? or do I just pick one and tell you who was it? is here somewhere to see the available actors?

Splotchy said...

Thunderdome was just a joke (a reference to a movie called Mad Max III). I was implying you need to fight the person for it.

Just announce your intent to adopt your actor (provided they aren't already adopted, i.e. on the roster) on your own blog or website, then I will add you and your adoptee to this post.

Provide a link to your post/site in a comment so I can also include that.

It's as simple as that.

4urmind said...

i do know roster either sorry to be such a nag but let me see if i got it right i can pick any actor i want that is not been adopted (where do i see which ones are left send me a link) and if i want someone its already been adopted then what? i contact the person who has it? or i tell you?

Splotchy said...

If the actor you want to adopt is not listed on this post, they can be adopted.

Leave a comment here saying who you want to adopt.

Add a post to your blog saying you are adopting the actor.

Then, I add a link to your blog and put a picture of your actor on this post.

Matthew Hubbard said...

Hey, Splotchy. I'm taking another draft pick, the wonderful Amy Ryan.

I'll be blogging about her tomorrow, Tuesday 9/30.