Thursday, May 14, 2009

Good Going, Gary!

I got home verrrry late last night from the Cubs game. The game ended early due to some torrential downpours in the eighth inning. After several beers and a tequila shot at a neighborhood drinking establishment, I took two train rides and a long walk back home.

After I finally arrived, I peeked out the window and saw standing water right next to our back door. I turned on the basement light at the top of the stairs to see if I could see any water trickling about, and happily didn't notice any. I wasn't about to go down there and start dealing with any seepage in my tired, drunken state.

The next day I am happy to report none of the water that was pooled outside made it onto our basement floor.

Good going, Gary!

5 comments:

Timothy Donavan Russell said...

Happy to hear it, man. Sounds like you and Gary were both busy doing some drinking last night.

Randal Graves said...

Gary says all your water are belong to us!

Joe said...

So what does Gary get as a reward?

Jenna said...

I love that the pump's name is Gary. That just seems so perfect.

Splotchy said...

I love that the pump's name is Gary. That just seems so perfect.

Unforunately, his last name is Glitter.