Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Suspended Under A Twilight Canopy

My beautiful, my beautiful balloon
Suspended under a twilight canopy
We'll search the clouds for a star to guide us
If by some chance you find yourself loving me
We'll find a cloud to hide us
We'll keep the moon beside us
Love is waiting there in my beautiful balloon
Way up in the air in my beautiful balloon
If you'll hold my hand we'll chase your dream across the sky
For we can fly we can fly
Up, up and away


-- The Fifth Dimension - "Up, Up And Away"

My golly, what a cheesy song. I could douse my cheesiest adolescent cassette mix tape with Velveeta, wrap it in Camembert, apply a liberal sprinkling of grated Romano and Parmesan cheese, and it still wouldn't be as cheesy as this song.

2 comments:

Gifted Typist said...

Love that word, golly

Comrade Kevin said...

That is super cheese.