Sunday, July 19, 2009

Early Evening Prairie Fantabulousness

I took another early evening bike ride on the Salt Creek trail this past Friday. It had rained in the late afternoon, so the trail was a little wet. Steam rose from different parts of the trail as I rode -- neat.

I usually see a few deer on my bike rides on Salt Creek, and this ride was no different.



I saw ducks, too. Are you excited? Please tell me you are excited.



I decided to go the opposite way I usually ride. We're near the eastern end of the trail, over by Brookfield Zoo, so I normally don't go that way (I feel kinda silly doubling back at such a short distance).

However, this little stretch of trail is one of my favorite parts, because unlike the foresty parts I normally ride in (which I like), there's a small-yet-lovely section of prairie.




There is an old disused crane just off the path in this section of the trail. I like the graffiti.




Also, a mysterious pile of logs.




Who is the guy who owns that $5,000 bike? I'm the owner, and that is not a $5,000 bike.




Here's a pic of the creek.




A puffy cloud I liked.



Some pictures as the sun was setting.









I even recorded a little video!

6 comments:

Distributorcap said...

somebody was warning to makea u turn by that bike - could be the blair witch was near those sticks

okjimm said...

Baby Deer&Ducks&puffy clouds??? What!!!

Comrade Kevin said...

My leather lathers with anticipation.

Roses said...

Mysterious pile of logs is clearly waiting to safely cross the path.

Move along.

domboy said...

I loved this post … an unexpected glimpse into a moment experienced far away … thank you.

Anonymous said...

Dizzy now, thanks.