Monday, May 14, 2007

Arcade Quiz (He's Got A Gun!)


All of these games share a common theme.

They all have protagonists which take care of business the American way, with a gun.

I'll give you the year the game came out, Fellow Travelers Of The Internet.

Gun 1 (1980)
I didn't realize how many chunks of silence there were in this game. This game has some harsh, unfriendly sounds. And that smiley face bouncing towards you? That's the grinning maw of death.


Gun 2 (1981)
This game might be a tough one to identify. You might have even forgotten that this game existed, but when you see it hopefully you'll have an "a-ha" moment. If not, you might want to contemplate what you are using those brain cells for, anyway.


Gun 3 (1983)
Here it is, my all-time favorite game. Full disclosure -- you don't just have a gun at your disposal to eliminate your enemies. You can also kill them by jumping on them with your ass.


Gun 4 (1986)
This is another very fun game, one which I suck at, and wish I was just a wee bit better. It's really fast-paced, and has a lot of energy and excitement. Well, within the world of mid-80's videogames it has a lot of energy and excitement, at least.


Gun 5 (1988)
I was kind of leaving videogames at this point for the magical world of reality, but I did play this a little, mostly because the graphics were kind of advanced for the times. Here's a hint -- two (count 'em, two!) people mention the name of the game in this sound snippet.


Are these quizzes over yet? I thought we were almost finished.

UPDATE: Answers are now available here.

2 comments:

Evil Genius said...

I only got the gimme one on these. Any chance fighting games will be next? War games? Spaces games?

Splotchy said...

I was going to hand-to-hand fighting games next, but didn't follow through due to a perceived lack of interest.

But I may just do it now!

Answers are here.