Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Beast Of Berwyn, Page 36

the continuing saga of ...
THE BEAST OF BERWYN

"Is the Crazy Lady okay?" you ask.

"She's up now, but she's groggy," Bubs drawls.

"Can I speak with her please?"

"Well, it goes against all rules and regulations and common sense, but seeing as I am dressed like a clown, okay."

Bubs guides you to the holding cell. Crazy Lady has numerous bullet welts on her forehead, but other than that, looks quite classy.

"Bubs, can we have some privacy, please?" you ask.

"Of course. How rude of me." Bubs walks off.

Crazy Lady looks at you uneasily. You flinch under her gaze.

"Crazy Lady, what --"

Crazy Lady gives you a look both groggy and perturbed. "My name is Simone."

"Simone-- I was there, I was outside when you were screaming and firing a gun. What happened?"

"I-I---I don't really remember. I was on a date with William... Sherwin... First date... He's an actor. He was on Mr. Belvedere as a child. He has also done stage work, as well as some extra work on the movie--"

"Yes, yes, I am aware of his work. He's my neighbor. What happened?"

"I don't remember. I just remember smelling the sea. And being afraid of it."

Bubs walks up to you. "C'mon, Mr. Fancypants. I'll drive you home. Say goodbye to the crazy lady."

As the squad car drops you off, the sun peeks up on the horizon.

You wave at your neighbor Bill, out in his front yard, picking up his morning paper.

"'Morning!" Bill says. He returns your wave, oblivious to the fact that his bathrobe slips open.

"'Morning."

You reach for your front door and realize it is standing a few inches open. As you warily enter your house, you notice a large pair of clown shoes sticking straight up in the air.

It is another clown cop, but this one is dead!

You hear Bill's voice over your shoulder. "Say, how about that crazy night, huh?"

Do you...

1) Ask Bill for help
2) Call the police
3) Hide the body in the basement

No comments: