Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Presenting the ROYGBIV Mix!

Volume 15 of the Green Monkey Music Project is completed and available for download!

If the participants of this mix want to discuss their own selections, please feel free to do so! I'll put a pointer on this post if you end up posting about it on your own blog (or you could always just add comments here, I suppose).


==========================
ROYGBIV!
==========================

Rules and Theme Details

The Participants Discuss Their Selections:
SamuraiFrog!
Moxie!
Holly!
Glassmeow!
Dale!
Splotchy!

The Songs:
All of SamuraiFrog's songs
All of Allen L's songs
All of p0nk's songs
All of Moxie's songs
All of Holly's songs
All of Glassmeow's songs
All of Dale's songs
All of Splotchy's songs
All of MC's song


Track Listing
01 - Little Red Book - Love [samuraifrog]
02 - Orange Crate Art - Brian Wilson & Van Dyke Parks [samuraifrog]
03 - Yellow Rainbow - The Move [samuraifrog]
04 - The Village Green Preservation Society - The Kinks [samuraifrog]
05 - Pools of Blue - Barclay James Harvest [samuraifrog]
06 - Deep Purple - The Beach Boys [samuraifrog]
07 - Violet - Hole [samuraifrog]
08 - Cherry Cola - Eagles of Death Metal [allenl]
09 - My Melancholy Blues - Queen [allenl]
10 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way) - U2 [allenl]
11 - Red light Indicates Doors Are Secure - Arctic Monkeys [allenl]
12 - Yellow Man - Randy Newman [allenl]
13 - Golden Ghost - Slingshot Dakota [allenl]
14 - Bobby Brown Goes Down - Frank Zappa [allenl]
15 - Red House - Jimi Hendrix [p0nk]
16 - Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum [p0nk]
17 - Blue - Jason Becker [p0nk]
18 - Purple Rain - Prince [p0nk]
19 - Brown-Eyed Girl - Van Morrison [p0nk]
20 - Paint It Black - Rolling Stones [p0nk]
21 - Green Grass & High Tides Forever - Outlaws [p0nk]
22 - Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go!) - Garbage [moxie]
23 - Yellow - Coldplay [moxie]
24 - Goldfinger - Shirley Bassey [moxie]
25 - Everything's Gone Green - New Order [moxie]
26 - Ocean Blue - ABC [moxie]
27 - Black on Black II - Heart [moxie]
28 - White Lines - Duran Duran [moxie]
29 - Pink Orange Red - Cocteau Twins [holly]
30 - Black Celebration - Depeche Mode [holly]
31 - Gold - Spandau Ballet [holly]
32 - Green Shirt - Elvis Costello [holly]
33 - On Lavender Hill - The Real Tuesday Weld [holly]
34 - Dorothy Parker Blue - The Real Tuesday Weld [holly]
35 - Nights in White Satin - Moody Blues [holly]
36 - A Skull, A Suitcase and a Long Red Bottle of Wine - Robyn Hitchcock [glassmeow]
37 - Orange Crush - R.E.M. [glassmeow]
38 - Yellow Submarine - The Beatles [glassmeow]
39 - Furry Green Atom Bowl - Robyn Hitchcock [glassmeow]
40 - Bitter Blue - Cat Stevens [glassmeow]
41 - Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix [glassmeow]
42 - Into White - Cat Stevens [glassmeow]
43 - Once in a Very Blue Moon - Mary Black [dale]
44 - Beautiful Red Dress - Laurie Anderson [dale]
45 - Crimson and Clover - Joan Jett & the Blackhearts [dale]
46 - Orangedale Whistle - The Rankin Family [dale]
47 - The Song of Purple Summer - Lauren Pritchard (from Spring Awakening) [dale]
48 - Green Island Lullaby - Vienna Teng [dale]
49 - Pink Panther Theme - Pink Martini [dale]
50 - Silver - Echo and the Bunnymen [splotchy]
51 - I'm So Green - Can [splotchy]
52 - L'il Red Riding Hood - Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs [splotchy]
53 - Moog Indigo - Jean Jacques Perrey [splotchy]
54 - Azure - Ken Nordine [splotchy]
55 - Pink Moon - Nick Drake [splotchy]
56 - All Blues - Miles Davis [splotchy]
57 - ROYGBIV - Boards of Canada [MC]



Congratulations to the following participants, who are now proud recipients of the Green Monkey Master badge!

SamuraiFrog
Moxie
Dale

This entitles you to helm a future GMMP. You get to pick the theme, choose number of participants, and number of each songs participants have to work with.

Wear your Green Monkey Master Badge with pride!

14 comments:

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Oooh, great! Nice one Splotch!

And nice to see ROYGBIV by Boards of Canada in there...I was thinking yesterday about which songs I'd have included if I was partaking, and that was the first that came to mind.

Dale said...

The badge?! I'm truly honoured and if you smell smoke, that's me thinking. Or smoking.

SamuraiFrog said...

Wow, I didn't know there would be badges involved. I'm such a badge whore!

p0nk said...

badges? we don't need no stinkin' badges.

glassmeow said...

'k! It's up there

Dale said...

Here I go on Splotchy. Love the badge, thank you very much!

Helene said...

Oh very nice! I just downloaded Ponks songs... tyvm. (although after my virus disaster with Limewire I am a bit nervous...)

Fun idea and really diverse songs!
Happy Wed!

Bull said...

Awesome...my iTunes library is growing by leaps and bounds.

I hafta' call out Dale for his excellent choices - Joan Jett's cover of Crimson and Clover especially - it's always fehkin' rocked.

Helene said...

Ok so it wasnt Crayon something or other its the Green Monkey Music Project! (Cool name btw)

I will have to have a look around for some of the others!

Splotchy said...

Glad you like the mix, Helen!

Links to all the mixes (with short descriptions of each) are located here.

BeckEye said...

I'm so glad that the monkey mixes live on!

bluestocking said...

Awesome list--glad to be a part of it. Here is my explanation of my selections.

Holly

Chris the Hippie said...

Man, I really appreciate the work you put into this! I'm downloading scads of tantalizingly tasty tunes today.

If you ever do this again I'd LOVE to play! This sort of thing makes my left nipple tingle, just a little...

Moxie said...

I am such a dork...it wasn't until today that I saw I got my badge. Whoo hoo! I knew it would be coming but figured I might have to ask for it nicely. I have my theme at the ready, just give me the word when I should post it.