Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Presenting The Unheard Monkey Mix!

Volume 18 of the Green Monkey Music Project is completed and available for download!

If the participants of this mix want to discuss their own selections, please feel free to do so! I'll put a pointer on this post if you end up posting about it on your own blog (or you could always just add comments here, I suppose).


============================
THE UNHEARD MONKEY
============================

Rules and Theme Details

The Participants Discuss Their Selections:
Allen!
Beth!
Barbara!
Splotchy!

The Songs:
All of Allen Lulu's songs
All of Grant Miller's songs
All of Tim Russell's songs
All of Beth's songs
All of Barbara's songs
All of Splotchy's songs


Track Listing
01 - Jukebox The Ghost - Hold It In [allenlulu]
02 - Elbow - Some Riot [allenlulu]
03 - Against Me! - Borne On The FM Waves Of The Heart [allenlulu]
04 - The Thermals - Here's Your Future [allenlulu]
05 - The Fratellis - For The Girl [allenlulu]
06 - Nightmare Of You - The Days Go By Oh So Slow [allenlulu]
07 - Crystal Stilts - Crystal Stilts [grantmiller]
08 - Parentheses - The Blow [grantmiller]
09 - Time to Pretend - MGMT [grantmiller]
10 - Skinny Love - Bon Iver [grantmiller]
11 - Gimme The Awesome - Endless Boogie [grantmiller]
12 - Young Adult Friction - The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart [grantmiller]
13 - It's You - Animal Collective (feat. Vashti Bunyan) [timrussell]
14 - The Atomium Part 2 - Stars Of The Lid [timrussell]
15 - The Atomium Part 3 - Stars Of The Lid [timrussell]
16 - Jessica - Kaki King [timrussell]
17 - He Lays In The Reins - Iron & Wine [timrussell]
18 - Something's Going On - Lambchop [timrussell]
19 - River, Sea, Ocean - Badly Drawn Boy [timrussell]
20 - 7 Women (A Guy Can Dream) - What The...? [beth]
21 - Hit Parade - Beretta76 [beth]
22 - Right Hand On My Heart - The Whigs [beth]
23 - Nite Beat - The Selmanaires [beth]
24 - Real To Me - The Good Graces [beth]
25 - Speak Or Spill Down - Tin Cup Prophette [beth]
26 - Cries Of The Dead - Chad VanGaalen [barbara]
27 - Hotline Operator - The Constantines [barbara]
28 - Means Of Escape - Brian Borcherdt [barbara]
29 - This Is The Dream Of Win And Regine - Final Fantasy [barbara]
30 - Just One More - Jon-Rae & the River [barbara]
31 - Fingers and Tongues - Elliott Brood [barbara]
32 - Solid Gold - The Eagles Of Death Metal [splotchy]
33 - Golden Age - TV On The Radio [splotchy]
34 - Fucking Boyfriend - The Bird And The Bee [splotchy]
35 - Trance Manual - John Vanderslice [splotchy]
36 - The Skin Of My Yellow Country Teeth - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah [splotchy]
37 - Good Days Bad Days - Kaiser Chiefs [splotchy]


Three cheers to Allen Lulu for guest-hosting this mix!

4 comments:

Allen Lulu said...

I am really excited by this. 30 tracks that I have never heard by bands I barely know. And, if we've done our jobs, each track should be the best indicator and rep of the album. Which means, not only do I have a great new sampler of music, but I could potentially be lightening my wallet to buy a bunch of new rekkids.
Thanks to all who participated. I hope you find something to like in my bunch.
I've posted a little somethin about em on my blog.
Mostly thanks to the Green Monkey. It wa s treat to be a part of it!

BeckEye said...

This is a very hip mix. I'm scared.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I can hardly wait to sink my teeth into everybody's mixes! This was a way too fun green monkey mix challenge, and if I am not mistaken, it's about the 25th one in which I have had the honour of participating. I think I deserve a plaque.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Finally, my post is up!