Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jumpin' Jack Repetition

Hi, excuse me while I share my weird and boring sense of humor with you.

A couple months ago I caught a little bit of The Rolling Stones: Rock and Roll Circus on the teevee. Our cable box happened to be on PBS, and that's what was playing there.

I was curious what some earlier parts of the show looked like, so went back a little with the DVR (it keeps around two hours of airtime of whatever channel you're watching in memory).

So I see the Stones play "Jumpin' Jack Flash", and after the first verse there's this odd sort of shot. It starts out on these goofballs in yellow ponchos dancing, then we quickly pan over to Brian Jones, who gives a premeditated, hipper-than-thou nod straight into the camera.

I immediately busted out laughing. I mean, I couldn't control myself. I then proceeded to rewind the DVR probably fifteen or twenty times so I could see it again. What was it that was so funny to me? It wasn't just the dancing goofballs, or the whip pan, or Brian Jones nodding to me, it was somehow the combination of all three that I found absolutely heee-larious.

Anyways, I have isolated this shot and repeated it a number of times, and have uploaded it to YouTube.

The results are below. You're welcome, I guess?

6 comments:

Allen Lulu said...

Seriously, if you've got this much time on your hands, I've got about a week's worth of masturbatin' that needs ta git done since my surgery.
Not much pay but, but it beats the meat out of rerunning Brian Jones's proudest moment of chord changing.....

Randal Graves said...

It is kind of comical, a juxtaposition between this silly yellow cavalcade of jumpery and Rock God® Stare. What a gas, gas, gas!

Diamond Dave Diggler said...

Splotch: At first I was like "that's not that funny." But then after seeing it 20 times and hearing the same crappy chords over and over, it became one of the funniest things I've seen this week! I think it's funny to me because I know I would not have noticed that at all, and the fact that you focused in on it, and isolated it for repetition id hilarious. Another thought-provoking post, sir!

Splotchy said...

Allen L., I'm all achy and tired from looping, so I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere for a "helping hand".

randal g, I think those dancing guys might in fact be listed in the credits as The Yellow Cavalcade of Jumpery.

CTC, thanks -- I'm glad you found it funny. But you really should not encourage me.

Comrade Kevin said...

Look at us, we're really important.

We are talking revolution, people!

And we paid for this, despite The Who blowing our asses out of the water.

Tengrain said...

The spazs and the coolguy juxtaposition is always funny. I think it is the way he doesn't aknowledge them.

Regards,

Tengrain