Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Live-Blogging Challenge

Here's a live-blogging challenge to my blogger friends.

Complete any of the following tasks and you have my respect.
Complete them all and you have my undying devotion.

If it's not obvious, only by posting the results of live-blogging on your own site will a task be deemed fully completed.

The Tasks
1) Live blog sitting in a bus station for an hour (you are not going anywhere, you're simply sitting in a bus station)
2) Live blog your next haircut
3) Live blog while getting your oil changed
4) Live blog while doing a crossword puzzle
5) Live blog from a mall food court during lunch hour
6) Live blog from a laundromat (it's okay to do your laundry while live-blogging)
7) Fried chicken live-blogging
8) Live blog while sitting in traffic (be careful with this one!)
9) Live blog while watching Home Alone 2 with the sound off, playing Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon
10) Live blog the thirty minutes immediately following your reading of this post

15 comments:

Diamond Dave Diggler said...

I'm pretty sure I don't have any idea what this is. I mean, it sends images to my brain, but they can't be right... Can they?

Dale said...

You're a task master! Looks like I go unrespected and hopelessly devoted to myself.

Life As I Know It Now said...

I must still be in the last century because I don't yet have a laptop and hence CAN NOT live blog here and live blog there. plus I don't eat chicken!

Distributorcap said...

i am getting my hair cut this weekend --- lets see what the crowd at Astor Place barbers think of live blogging

Jess Wundrun said...

Will little hairs damage the keyboard and/or clog up the interwebs? What about fried chicken greasy fingers?

This sounds very dangerous. And like Liberality I am chained to my desk.

In the next thirty minutes I am putting the kids to bed. See above paragraph.

Rider said...

Too sick to live blog. I'll dead blog later if things don't work out.

Cup said...

Looks like I'll be disrespected.

Splotchy said...

CTC, live blogging is illegal in several states, but you can do it in Illinois.

dale, you still have my respect, just the lesser kind.

liberality, you may substitute fried something-else in a pinch.

dc, you're my hero!

jess, I was thinking if someone live blogged a haircut, they would have their laptop under the hair bib (or whatever it's called). Oh, and not having a laptop is no excuse. They make some pretty lightweight desktop 'puters these days.

rider, I hope you feel better. Unfortunately I won't really know when you're feeling better if you don't live blog your illness. Get better, at any rate.

beth, disrespected? Never!

Randal Graves said...

I read this last night and thought about live-blogging work, but it was so fucking slow it would've been:

7h32pm - sitting on my ass.

7h37pm - sitting on my ass.

7h45pm - sitting on my ass, with my ass in a slightly different position.

7h58pm - sitting on my ass.

8h00pm - closing.

Comrade Kevin said...

Yep, if you synch up the first paint can with the heartbeat on Dark Side of the Moon while tapping away, it does sort of make an interesting contrast.

Gifted Typist said...

I've done this live blogging thing in front of a room full of people with my computer screen projected to a ten foot screen in a university lecture all.

Do you respect me now? There is the link and the baaaaaaad pic

http://dalnews.dal.ca/2008/01/07/whips.html

Gifted Typist said...

hall, lecture hall

Splotchy said...

gf, Zoiks!! That outdoes any task I outlined in this post! You have both my respect and admiration!

Diamond Dave Diggler said...

typist: Talk about performance anxiety!

"all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.... etc, etc."

probably all I could muster.

lulu said...

This is pretty much a wi-fi free universe I am living in.