Monday, June 30, 2008

The Fruit Of My Searching-For-Heckling-Videos Labor

For some reason, I spent some time last night searching the YouTubes for comedians being heckled.

I doubt if I would be able to stand up in front of people telling jokes. Add a heckler to the crowd and I would be reduced to a pile of weeping goo.

I'm interested in how different comedians respond to hecklers, who are for the most part producers of noise cancer.

I found a handful of nifty videos, but this one of Richard Herring at the Wam Bam Club deboning a heckler (in a very friendly and polite way, I must add) was absolutely wonderful:

Richard Herring at the Wam Bam Club

3 comments:

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

Interesting research... Yeah, that guy handled it extremely well. I'm surprised it took them so long to toss the guy out! BTW, I'm commenting about an hour after watching that video. Somehow, I git over to YouTube & wound up watching early Kathleen Turner videos for about an hour! Glad I'm at work; it's nice to get paid to screw around.

Dean Wormer said...

Nice.

I hated those two old guys on the Muppet Show for picking on poor Kermit.

domboy said...

Richard Herring can be a great comedian, and he’s especially great when he’s saying things he’s not supposed to say. A lot of the most progressive and influential people throughout history seem to be comedians.