Hi, here's a belated movie quote meme completed on behalf of Mathman.
1. Here are quotes from 15 of my favourite movies.
2. See if you can name the films from whence they were lifted.
3. No googling or IMDBing; I'm trusting you on this.
4. I'll post the film names as they’re correctly identified.
My additional rule:
5. Person(s) with the most correct answers can supply a doodle idea for me to doodle.
1. "What does Operations care about a bunch of damn books? A book in Dutch. A book out of Venezuela. Mystery stories in Arabic."
Three Days of the Condor [Matty Boy]
2. "Life mocks me even in death!"
An American Werewolf In London [Never Identified!]
3. "Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones."
Dr. Strangelove [Matty Boy]
4. "I saved Latin. What did you ever do?"
Rushmore [Cowboy The Cat]
5. "Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
The Third Man [Becca]
6. "Back home, they put me in jail for what I'm doing. Here, they give me awards. "
7. "I heard about Doc, and I know why he did it. Somebody took away his painting privileges."
Escape From Alcatraz [Becca]
8. "Oh, ho ho! You sly dog! You got me monologuing! I can't believe it."
The Incredibles [J.D.]
9. "You're a very attractive man, Ken. You're... smart, you've got wonderful bones, great eyes, and you dress really interestingly."
A Fish Called Wanda [Tim]
10. "Ask him, Edie, how come he's so good at killing people?"
A History Of Violence [J.D.]
11. "You are named after the dog?"
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [Cowboy The Cat]
12. "Pay strict attention to what I say because I choose my words carefully and I never repeat myself."
Inside Man [J.D.]
13. "What was Raymond doing with his hands?"
The Manchurian Candidate (1962) [SamuraiFrog]
14. "I think my body's getting used to these 36-hour days."
Primer [Never Identified!]
15. "Lisa, whatever female-driven, emotion-based dilemma you may be dealing with right now, you have my sympathy. But for the sake of time and sanity, let's break this down into a little male-driven fact-based logic. One simple phone call saves your dad's life. "
Red Eye [Lonie Polony]
To make this a meme with an amazingly happy ending, I have decided to offer my doodling services for *anyone* that was the first to correctly answer any of the questions.
I await your doodle ideas!
For Lonie Polony: Danny Zucco in Greased Lightning (how about Zucco in front of Greased Lightning? I should have read your request a little more carefully!)
For SamuraiFrog: A walrus typing on a laptop that's starting to explode.
For Tim: Working from home.
For J.D.: John McCain channeling The Hulk breaking a baby lamb in half, with the blood dripping onto a poster for Blade Runner
For Becca: Wonder Woman dancing with Mario (from Mario Brothers)