Friday, January 14, 2011

Overexplaining Underappreciated Tweets #3

Twitter User:
ysplotchy

Tweet:
What am I doing for NYE? I'll attempt to instill an interest in science in my children, I suppose.
(link to original tweet)


Overexplanation:
I wrote this on December 31st, sometime in the afternoon, I think.

As you probably know, my tweet used "NYE", a popular abbreviation of "New Year's Eve".

But wait! WAS I referring to New Year's Eve?!!!

If you thought so, this tweet probably made little sense to you. But if you were "on the ball" and not "fucking dull stupid" you realized from the remainder of the tweet that in actuality I was referring to this guy:

Yes, it's Bill Nye, the Science Guy!

It's okay. People were probably more focused on their NYE plans to get my Nye joke.

Maybe this tweet will be appreciated next year. But I am not counting on it.

2 comments:

Goose said...

brilliant.

Freida Bee said...

I didn't get it the right way, but I still thought it was funny. Next time, I'll appreciate it more properly.