Monday, June 25, 2007

Hello, Yourself

SamuraiFrog has posted a song of the week, Hello, It's Me by Todd Rundgren.

I guess I'm pretty Rundgren-deficient or something. I don't really know any of his work -- I only know that he occasionally wears crazy sunglasses.

I liked the song.

Its title is the same as the last song of Lou Reed and John Cale's Songs For Drella.

The Songs For Drella version is more of a song about saying goodbye.

Here's a video of it. I believe that with the hair helmet Lou Reed is sporting in this performance, I have now satisfied the mullet quota for my blog for the remainder of the year.

5 comments:

Timothy Donavan Russell said...

You gotta love the headstock-less guitar. It's sort of the opposite of his mullet, isn't it?

Splotchy said...

I didn't even notice that about his geetar.

I don't know... *Is* there anything diametrically opposed to the mullet?

The mullet stands alone!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

No more mullets? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Splotchy said...

dr. mvm, them's the breaks. I hope you will double your celebration of the mullet to make up for my slacking.

SamuraiFrog said...

Glad to inspire with Todd.