Saturday, June 23, 2007

I Have Shopping Faux Pas, Too

Just to prove to you I'm not some wiseass who never exhibits less-than-savvy shopping behavior, I present this humble post.

First, please note that part of this post has been encoded because my mother reads this blog.

Mom, there is nothing really that awful in this little vignette, but I felt I should at least protect your eyes from seeing it without readying yourself.

To read the message below, copy the text and paste it into the "Input" box on the top right of my blog, hit the "En/Decode input" button and read the text that displays in the "Output" box.

======================================================

Lbh xabj jung'f jbefr guna tbvat gb Gnetrg sbe bayl gjb vgrzf, pbaqbzf naq znffntr bvy?

Ergheavat gur pbaqbzf ng Phfgbzre Freivpr yngre orpnhfr lbh zvfgnxrayl tbg gur jebat xvaq.

======================================================

8 comments:

Dale said...

The wrong kind or the wrong size? I hope the box wasn't greasy. Maybe I should have encoded the comment. Sorry Mom.

Tanya Espanya said...

I bought the wrong size diapers today.

GETkristiLOVE said...

I think my encoder is busted. It says, "Drink your Ovaltine."

Coaster Punchman said...

You mean like you bought the female kind?

Cup said...

J hvftt H tipvme dbmm zpv b cpofifbe.

[Can you decode that?]

Becca said...

Oh you poor thing, that's like a nightmare scenario!

BeckEye said...

No, what's worse is not having to buy condoms because you're not getting any. Sorry, I'm not trying to sound bitter but it's the frustration talking. I think I'll go chew on some ice now.

Splotchy said...

dale, I'm sure Mom will forgive you -- she's that kinda person.

tanya, i have done that at least 3 or 4 times, but one would expect that from a poor shopper such as myself.

kristi, who doesn't like a refreshing glass of powder dissolved into water?

cp, no comment.

beth, I could decode it if I was smarter, I'll bet.

becca, I'm sure it could have been worse, like my pants could have spontaneously fallen down or burst into flames.

beckeye, a fellow ice-chewer salutes you and hopes you soon may have embarrassing shopping experiences similar to my own.