Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Five By Five

mob lobbed this meme over the fence, so's I haveta jump on it before it ess-plodes.

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1. What Greg Likes
2. A Blog of a Good Time
3. Wine When Drunk From a Mug
4. Dear Bastards...
5. I, Splotchy

Select five people to tag:

1. Tim
2. Tim
3. Tim
4. Bubs
5. Tim

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Aw, man, were that I blogged back then. What the hell was I doing? I think mostly temping, doing the odd film job, riding my bike a lot, dating the woman who I would eventually marry.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

I dunno, just being a parent, mostly. Our littlest guy just had his 1 year birthday. From reviewing some old Gmails, it looks like I was also passive-aggressively avoiding helping a coworker with a website of theirs.

Five snacks you enjoy:

1. Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Ice Cream
2. Wheat Thins Chips (not really grammatically correct, but tasty)
3. Spoonfuls of Creamy Jif peanut butter alternating with swigs of grape juice
4. 2 Chocolate Caramel Ghirardelli Squares (a habit I have at work in the afternoon)
5. Plain M&M's and Coke (movie snack)


Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:

1) "Only Life" by The Feelies
2) "Dead" by The Pixies
3) "Exhuming McCarthy" by R.E.M.
4) "Three Girl Rhumba" by Wire
5) "Burn Hollywood Burn" by Public Enemy


Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

1) Go back to school for a degree in public interest law.
2) Make a low-budget feature film.
3) Put aside moolah for the kids' education.
4) Eat out all the damned time.
4) Stop worrying about money, fer crissakes.


Five bad habits:

1) Procrastination
2) Avoidance
3) The occasional nose-picking
4) Having good intentions with no follow-through
5) A complete lack of concern for my personal appearance


Five things you like doing:

1) Wrestling with the kids
2) Talking with the kids
3) Makin' music
4) Makin' whoopee
5) Watchin' movies


Five things you would never wear again:

This might be difficult.

1) Wool
2) Mittens
3) A ski mask
4) Speedos
5) Denim jacket


Five favorite toys:

Argh, another hard one. I'm going to expand it a bit, to include technology kinda things that aren't necessarily objects.

1) iPod
2) Bittorrent
3) DVD Player that has a USB port, and can play AVIs
4) The MAME Arcade emulator
5) Blogger [sniff] [cough]

7 comments:

Joe said...

I wasn't tagged. I feel snubbed.

Splotchy said...

I'm always tagging you, and didn't want to become obnoxious about it.

I felt like I have tagged you so much I am leaving a welt.

I'll gladly swap one of those Tims for a Bubs if'n you have an interest in the meme, though.

GETkristiLOVE said...

I vote that the Speedos come off the list!

Jif and grape juice? M&M's and coke? Just what kind of insatiable sweet tooth you got going on there?

Mob said...

Thanks for being a sport.

Jif and juice? Wasn't that a rap song?

S'funny you had the same problem with the ten years ago question that I did, but last year was just an archive search away...thank heaven for free internet services like the much maligned Blogger.

Splotchy said...

kristi, Speedos? Take it off the list? Then I'd have to put assless leather chaps on, then.

Jif and grape juice has sugar in it? You're joking, right? I thought only sugar had sugar in it.

mob, if Jif and juice isn't a rap song already, it damned well should be.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Speedos have gotten a bad rap lately. They have their place in men's wardrobe and should be worn around the house whenever fixing things and the lady of the house is on the couch with a margarita, watching.

Try it. This will lead to one of the things listed that you love.

Splotchy said...

Alright, kristi. I am *not* saying I'm going to definitively wear a pair of Speedos, but I won't say I *never* will.

Maybe I can do it one better and get one of them push-up thongs.