Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Another Day, Another Virus

It was last winter when the story virus first hit this blog.

I am afraid to say with the warming weather I have not been paying attention to my health. Consequently, I have been stricken with another one of those insidious bugs.

For those unfamiliar with a story virus, here's a recap:

Here's what I would like to do. I want to create a story that branches out in a variety of different, unexpected ways. I don't know how realistic it is, but that's what I'm aiming for. Hopefully, at least one thread of the story can make a decent number of hops before it dies out.

If you are one of the carriers of this story virus (i.e. you have been tagged and choose to contribute to it), you will have one responsibility, in addition to contributing your own piece of the story: you will have to tag at least one person that continues your story thread. So, say you tag five people. If four people decide to not participate, it's okay, as long as the fifth one does. And if all five participate, well that's five interesting threads the story spins off into.

Not a requirement, but something your readers would appreciate: to help people trace your own particular thread of the narrative, it will be helpful if you include links to the chapters preceding yours.

There always has to be a start of a story, so here it is.

***

I had been shuffling around the house for a few hours and already felt tired. The doorbell rang. I opened the front door and saw a figure striding away from the house, quickly and purposefully. I looked down and saw a bulky envelope. I picked it up. The handwriting was smudged and cramped, and I could only make out a few words.

***

Please continue this story virus.

I tag:

Gifted Typist
FranIAm
Freida Bee
Becca
Dr MVM
Bubs
The folks at ultra-mundane
Rider
p0nk
Vikkitikkitavi
Patrick

6 comments:

Fran said...

I am a fool for you.

A pure fool!!

Freida Bee said...

I have done your viral bidding, Sir Splotch-a-Lot. Let's hope it takes. Muhahahaha, cough, cough.

p0nk said...

my chapter pretty much insures that i'll never get included in one of these again.

Joe said...

I have done my part.

Rider said...

I look forward to fulfilling your task, but I can't get around to it until after this weekend.

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Having been infected a second time, I just did something a little different; I hope you don't mind. Given that I exhausted my Known Blogger List with my first contribution, I tagged you. I'm not sure how you'll continue, though...