Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Cherry Pie Guy

So, MizSplotchy and I are flipping channels a month or so ago, 'cause there's nothing on the TV.

We come across a VH1 documentary series on heavy metal, Heavy: The Story Of Metal -- the chapter we saw was focusing a lot on the hair metal bands of the 80's.

We didn't know what we had lucked into. There was a rant by Warrant's lead singer Jani Lane about the misery rained down on him from writing the song "Cherry Pie", which was one of the funniest things I have seen in recent memory.

MizSplotchy was wandering the Internets today and found the Jani Lane clip from the show, so I can now present it to you in all its glory.

Jani Lane - The Cherry Pie Guy

7 comments:

Joe said...

Yeah, he would've been so much more highly regarded as an artist if he'd never written "Cherry Pie". Totally

McGone said...

"My legacy is Cherry Pie."

Man, it's almost as poignant as Shelley's classic poem "Ozymandias," don't ya think?

minijonb said...

i will now have the chorus to "Cherry Pie" stuck in my head for the next 48 hours. damn you Splotchy, damn you to hair metal hell!

= : - )

Diamond Dave Diggler said...

That IS hilarious.

Although "seventeen" by Winger is even funnier.

Randal Graves said...

Dammit. I was about to chuckle at minijonb's comment until the subsequent one. I now have Seventeen in my head. Fuck.

Splotchy said...

Randal G, use the colonic I provided!

Writeprocrastinator said...

If he is really sooooo ashamed of that song's legacy, kick some of those royalties over.