Friday, May 30, 2008

Story Virus 1 and 2: A Brief Comparison

A comment by DGuzman inspired me to a create a simple graphical representation of the spread of the two story virii.

The first virus was far more heartier than the second one. There's a lot of possible reasons for this -- May seems to be a traditionally light blogging month, there's nice weather outside, the second time around the idea of a story virus is not a novel concept, etc.

I think I might do this again at the end of the year, assuming people's creative juices have had a chance to replenish.

It's been a lot of fun. I may have to kidnap a little pig to get friend of the blog McGone to participate if I have another go-around, though thanks to Susan there were still some nice original illustrations for the second virus.

Virus 1
XX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXX
X
X
XX
XX
X


Virus 2
X
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXX
XXX
X
XXX
XXXX
X
X
X
XX

2 comments:

McGone said...

My apologies - I saw you had tagged me, but between a side project I'm working on (a comic book) and my recent upheaval (stolen car, and all the insurance and car shopping shenanigans that follow) I just couldn't squeeze it in.

But it is curious that my pig is kidnapped, and then you go and say something about kidnapping my pig... time to revise the list of suspects.

Randal Graves said...

If we're still off the juice by then, we can always plagiarize.

"Your entry looks suspiciously like a canto from the Inferno!"

"Nope, wrote it last night myself!"