Friday, December 5, 2008

Son Of The Son Of The Story Virus (v3)

Ooooh, it's cold outside. I don't feel so good. I think I am coming down with another story virus.

For those unfamiliar, here's a recap:

Here's what I would like to do. I want to create a story that branches out in a variety of different, unexpected ways. I don't know how realistic it is, but that's what I'm aiming for. Hopefully, at least one thread of the story can make a decent number of hops before it dies out.

If you are one of the carriers of this story virus (i.e. you have been tagged and choose to contribute to it), you will have one responsibility, in addition to contributing your own piece of the story: you will have to tag at least one person that continues your story thread. So, say you tag five people. If four people decide to not participate, it's okay, as long as the fifth one does. And if all five participate, well that's five interesting threads the story spins off into.

Not a requirement, but something your readers would appreciate: to help people trace your own particular thread of the narrative, it will be helpful if you include links to the chapters preceding yours.

There always has to be a start of a story, so here it is.

***

The bus was more crowded than usual. It was bitterly cold outside, and I hadn't prepared for it. I noticed that a fair number of the riders were dressed curiously. As I glanced around, I stretched my feet and kicked up against a large, heavy cardboard box laying under the seat in front of me.

***

Please continue this story virus.

I tag:

Randal G
Jess
Gifted Typist
FranIAm
Freida Bee
Becca
Dr MVM
Bubs
Rider
p0nk
Vikkitikkitavi
Liberality
Some Guy
Doc
Snape
DCup
Skylers Dad
Falwless
Grant Miller
SamuraiFrog
Flannery Alden

20 comments:

p0nk said...

done

Freida Bee said...

Alright. I tagged you too.

Life As I Know It Now said...

I expect to be getting this virus in my system tomorrow--sniffle, sniffle...

Utah Savage said...

Randal infected me on a bus to nowhere and now I am passing it on. I found it fun in my usual dark, stark way.

Anonymous said...

Done. And it looks like Utah is going to have this thing twice! Because I accidentally marked all my rss feeds as read today and don't know who is already infected!

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Oh, crap. I'm all reved up and no tag for me. Maybe Doc'll tag me...

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Also, now I have "son of a son of a sailor stuck in my head."

Some Guy said...

Done.

Life As I Know It Now said...

I'm recovered from my infection and have passed it on to 5 others. So far, two are coming down with the sickness.

Splotchy said...

Careful what you wish for, Flannery. You have been tagged with the virus now.

Gifted Typist said...

I'm working it

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Thank you! I'm all done...

Doc said...

Thank you for the tag. I promise not to make it as long as "The Singular Tale of Dr. Malted and the Ominious iSplotchy". You can look for mine on Friday.

Doc

Fran said...

I've been slow to start... working on it soon!!

The virus threw me into bed with a head ache and flu!

Mel O said...

Thanks for stopping by, Splotchy! I was surprised you found my story! ;)

Utah Savage said...

Your obedient servant has complied again. Will I ever be well? It has been passed, I hope it takes. Will that cure me? God I hope so.

Toivoa ja Elämän said...

i think this is an awesome idea! and since i get the idea that you want this to spread as far as possible, i think you won't mind if i steal this even without being tagged...
tell me if i'm wrong and i'll remove it.
(:

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

I've been infected!

I posted my story entry for all to enjoy.

Read it! Read it!

Dr. Nemonok said...

I too have been the unfortuante recipient of a tagging. You can read it in my own journal here.

Freida Bee said...

I succumbed to my baser survival instincts and killed this damn thing, unless you or Randal think you are up to saving the entire male population.