Monday, September 17, 2007

David Blaine's Blog Spectacular


We, the humble folks at I, Splotchy are proud to announce our participation in the latest event in the eventful career of illusionist and stunt performer David Blaine.

Mr. Blaine has consented to occupying a small 1 inch square area on this blog (located on the top of the right sidebar) for two uninterrupted weeks, subsisting on nothing but pure oxygen, crackers, and filtered urine. Mr. Blaine's liquid sustenance will be provided by the green monkey what lives in our brain (strained through cheesecloth to eliminate pollutants).

Please join us in welcoming Mr. Blaine in what we hope to be a lifetime of cooperation with I, Splotchy, where together we can provide the blogreading public the sensational, awe-inspiring whimsy it so richly deserves.

18 comments:

Cup said...

I'm a little creeped out about him sitting in the corner, watching me while I read and giggle. And then there's that whole filtered urine thing ...

Joe said...

Brilliant!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Go Blaine go!

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Hey, I thought awe-inspiring whimsy was found at my blog. You'll be hearing from my lawyers...

jin said...

Haha!
That is ingenious!!!
Where do you come up with all this stuff???

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Oh my God, I hope that you'll have an ambulance nearby when this frightful stunt ends!

BeckEye said...

You have to give equal time to the Mindfreak now, you know.

J.D. said...

He's bruised up already? Interesting...

dguzman said...

Wow, the celebrities you're attracting -- Jobs, Blaine -- who's next, Elaine Stritch?

I too am a little creeped out by the thought of Blaine up there in the corner, drinking monkey pee and controlling his breathing or whatever. Maybe every once in a while he can do that floating trick? That's awesome.

Splotchy said...

beth, filtered urine is perfectly delicious.

bubs, thanks!

dr mvm, your enthusiasm is contagious!

flannery a, I thought you were just prone to it, I didn't know you held the copyright.

jin, in my BRAIN.

jon, don't worry, all or most safety precautions have been taken.

beckeye, I guess I am lagging behind. I hadn't heard of that guy -- looked him up. I think Mr. Blaine would not appreciate sharing my blog, at least during the Spectacular.

j.d., he was like that when I found him.

Splotchy said...

dguzman, if you're creeped out, just look at the countdown and know it won't last forever.

As far as tricks go, I have a feeling Mr. Blaine will be doing some over the next couple weeks.

Evil Genius said...

He'll never make it!

dguzman said...

Dude's startin' to look a little rough. Can he Go. All. The. Way?

Splotchy said...

evil g, the hell he won't!!!

dguzman, we're talking about the blaine-meister here.

dguzman said...

Look at him go! He's underwater now! Did he really pee that much?

dguzman said...

Oh man, his little head is starting to hurt from the tension (though he does look better than he did a few days ago).

dguzman said...

Who the hell is that guy next to Blaine? Shouldn't he be worried about all that filtered urine floating around?

Splotchy said...

Why, it's none other than famed mentalist Uri Geller!