Thursday, September 20, 2007

So Disgusting, So Delicious

Doctor Monkey Von Monkerstein has been of late posting some very lovely cooking posts.

I've been a l'il inspired by him, as I so often am.

I'd like to share a little recipe that I made up all by myself when I was a youngun. I haven't actually made this dish (if you can call it that) in probably twenty-five years or more.

Those of you with young children might want to teach this trick to them. Hey, forget the kids, this is a treat for children of all ages.

Warning: This post contains potentially disgusting pictures. I assure you that nothing unsavory was done in the making of this post. And the ingredients only consist of M&M's and water.

You will need: M&M's and a paper cup full of water


Pour the M&M's into the water.



Wait.



At a certain point, the water gets saturated with M&M detritus, so you must empty the water out and refill with fresh stuff. My wife grudgingly looked at these pictures shortly before I uploaded them. She asked me, "What do you do with the water?" I replied, "You drink it, of course."



Immediately after refilling the cup with water, it turned this murky green color.



Empty the water again, to reveal the delicious milk chocolate remaining.



Bon Appetit!

13 comments:

Distributorcap said...

did you learn that from Bobby Flay or Wolfgang Puck?

Splotchy said...

Charlie Trotter, actually.

Splotchy said...

You're supposed to say, "Damn!"

Joe said...

Mmmmmm. I bet you could substitute buttermilk for water if you wanted to.

dguzman said...

Holy shit.

Dr. Zaius said...

I don't know if I agree with your methodology. If I wanted damp chocolate I would just buy a Hershey bar and run it under the tap.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

You were a bit of an odd child, weren't you?

Would it work with a regular non-paper cup, do you think?

Splotchy said...

bubs, if memory serves, I believe I did try this with regular 2% milk, but it didn't work as well. I doubt that buttermilk would be any better.

dguzman, you're welcome!

dr z, if you have the arm strength to hold a candy bar for twenty minutes, I salute you. Me, I'm too weak from eating junk food. Plus, you're ignoring the whole sugar water appetizer aspect of my dish.

barbara, no. Absolutely not. It will only work with a paper cup.

Splotchy said...

Oh, to clarify what I said to dr z, the finished chocolate in my dish is not only wet, but saturated and soft as well. Please, no poop jokes.

Dr. Zaius said...

Aside from the obvious point that it is very easy to get chocolate wet, and even to get it wet to any degree you choose, you also fail to explain why you would want to take the candy coating off of M&Ms to get to the chocolate inside, when you could just buy chocolate without a candy coating on it in the first place.

Splotchy said...

dr z, I'm going to break it down for you.

1) I was young.
2) Remember that I drank the disgusting sugar water swill. The M&M's and water essentially made its own gravy.
3) I like science "experiments".
4) It's not just the DESTINATION, but also the JOURNEY.
5) There is no number five, but it seemed like a nice number to stop at.

Dr. Zaius said...

Oh, I see. That explains everything.

Splotchy said...

Please feel free to use my talking points, dr z (with proper citation, of course).