Saturday, September 15, 2007

While I'm Being All Preachy

Ack, there have been two posts I have made thus far that I felt I were a bit too obnoxiously strident. The McDonald's post was one of them (here's the other).

I really need to leave the moralizing to the professionals. And they don't get any more professional than Florrie Fisher. If she looks eerily like Amy Sedaris in Strangers With Candy, it's no coincidence. She was the inspiration for the show.

Now, thanks to the kind folks at YouTube, and the generous people who uploaded it, here's a moving, heartfelt documentary from Fisher and Company:

The Trip Back

(Note: If you don't want to watch the whole thing, at least watch the Q&A in Part 3).

Part 1


Part 2


Part 3

2 comments:

Joe said...

"Thousands of junkies I've known in my 26 years..."

Wow. That's a lot of junkies. I've only known in the high dozens.

Dale said...

Florrie was an original just like Amy. Actually I guess that makes Amy derivative but in an original way.