Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Presenting What's In A Word Mix!

Volume 4 of the Green Monkey Music Project has been completed, and is available for download!

If the participants of this mix want to discuss their own selections, please feel free to do so! I'll put a pointer on this post if you end up posting about it on your own blog (or you could always just add comments here, I suppose).

========================
WHAT'S IN A WORD?
========================

Rules And Theme Details


The Participants Discuss Their Selections:
Allen L.!
Splotchy!
Beth!

The Songs:

Get the mix in chunks!

Zipped file of Songs 01-08 (All of Anandamide's songs!)
Zipped file of Songs 09-16 (All of Allen L.'s songs!)
Zipped file of Songs 17-24 (All of Splotchy's songs!)
Zipped file of Songs 25-32 (All of DGuzman's songs!)
Zipped file of Songs 33-40 (All of Beth's songs!)


Track Listing
01 - Gary Numan - Cars [anandamide]
02 - The Housemartins - Anxious [anandamide]
03 - Television - Friction [anandamide]
04 - The Stone Roses - Waterfall [anandamide]
05 - Sly and the Family Stone - Poet [anandamide]
06 - Fairport Convention - Sloth [anandamide]
07 - Stevie Wonder - Superstition [anandamide]
08 - Gregory Isaccs - Rumors [anandamide]
09 - Against Me! - Stop! [allenl]
10 - The Pierces - Boring [allenl]
11 - Ani DiFranco - Fuel [allenl]
12 - Edwin Starr - War [allenl]
13 - Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins - Happy [allenl]
14 - The Hellacopters - Envious [allenl]
15 - Paper Sun - Oceans [allenl]
16 - The Cat Empire - Sly [allenl]
17 - Luna - Slide [splotchy]
18 - Frank Black - Headache [splotchy]
19 - B-52's - Roam [splotchy]
20 - Brazilian Girls - Pussy [splotchy]
21 - Suicide - Girl [splotchy]
22 - Radiohead - Optimistic [splotchy]
23 - Handsome Family - Stalled [splotchy]
24 - The Kinks - Brainwashed [splotchy]
25 - Tracy Chapman - Bridges [dguzman]
26 - Indigo Girls - Ghost [dguzman]
27 - Ani DiFranco - Dilate [dguzman]
28 - The Go-Go's - Vacation [dguzman]
29 - Alison Krauss & Union Station - Stay [dguzman]
30 - U2 - One [dguzman]
31 - Fiona Apple - Criminal [dguzman]
32 - Pretenders - Kid [dguzman]
33 - The B-52's - Topaz [beth]
34 - David Bowie - Fashion [beth]
35 - The Clash - Clampdown [beth]
36 - Magnapop - Garden [beth]
37 - Johnny Thunders - MIA [beth]
38 - R.E.M. - Stumble [beth]
39 - Sonic Youth - Incinerate [beth]
40 - Squeeze - Tempted [beth]

9 comments:

Manx said...

Nice mex yous guys gots theres. It will make for a nice office mix.

Anyway, Mr. Splotch, here are my cuts for Vol. V.

1. Le Temps (with DJ Cam) - DJ Krush
2. Natsu Nandesu - Happy End
3. Rebel Rebel - Seu Jorge
4. Lasergum - Mouse on Mars
5. Mona Ki Ngi Xiça - Bonga
6. Let's Fighting Love - Trey Parker/Matt Stone
7. Terra - Caetano Veloso
8. Windowlicker - Aphex Twin

I have the files zipped and waiting for upload, sir, so let me know what email to sends it to.

P.S. By your rules, song six is in violation. There are words of English in it. But, hear me out. It's a fabulous homage to anime dorkness, the English makes no sense and it goes with the mix. I think? I throw myself at your mercy. But, if I have to change then I understand. Salutations to ye.

Splotchy said...

Just send 'em to the email address on my profile. You might haveta break them up in a couple chunks though.

That's okay about having a few words of English in your song. I think my first song has a couple English swear words in it.

dguzman said...

Wow, Bowie's "Fashion"--I'm catapulted to early 80s MTV, watching that low-quality video over and over, as one of the like ten videos MTV had when it started.

Cup said...

I just posted my list, Master Splotch. I have a cold, so I'm feeling to crappy to tell you why I chose what I chose. You'll just have to spend those should-be-sleeping hours wondering.

Splotchy said...

Hope ya feel better.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

There'll be some good listening on the homestead tonight! Thanks guys.

Allen Lulu said...

I've posted over at Septenary with some added Bonuses and explanations.

www.septenary.blogspot.com

Dale said...

There's a lot more in a word than I expected. Great tunes and about 1/3 of them I've not heard so fun fun. Thanks large brained music fiends.

bigshoulders said...

Great mixes!
b.s.