Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Accio What?

Okay, I finished the new Harry Potter book. It was good.

One thing I noticed in this book more than any other book in the series was the frequent use of the magic word Accio.

If you were to visit Becca's first installment of her glossary of "Wizarding Words", you would see the definition of Accio as follows:

Accio - Used to summon objects from a distance. Accio is Latin for "I receive."

I'm curious, if you were able to summon one (and only one -- let's face it, we're all Muggles here) kind of object through simply speaking Accio plus the object, what would you like to be able to summon?

I'm tempted to say, "Accio toilet paper!" but there have been only a couple occasions when I have realized too late I had none. So, what would you say?

7 comments:

Evil Spock said...

I must be the only goofus who isn't into Harry Potter; couldn't get past the covers. I know its quality stuff, but I just don't like them.

Btw, gave you your nickname: Splotchscream. Enjoy!

Splotchy said...

w00t!

Thanks!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm kinda tempted to say "Accio Radiohead" seeing as they don't seem to be coming to a town near me any time soon. And then of course members of the band were in the previous film, so it's only fair.

Manx said...

Accio weed.

Allen Lulu said...

I'm torn. Would I rather be at my computer or holding my daughter?
Accio Zoe! Might assist when I am surfing, but Accio Macbook might be better when she falls asleep.


damn, I'm a geeky loser.

Splotchy said...

Realistically, I'd say "Accio Ice Water!" as I am always loving the cold, flavorless beverage.

But if I was in eighth grade I'd totally say "Accio nunchucks!" (and promptly hurt myself in the nether regions).

SamuraiFrog said...

Accio topless British model holding a bag of weed in one hand and another topless British model in the other.

A long spell, I admit. But I'd use it twice a day.