Friday, July 27, 2007

Answers and Questions

Enclosed please find answers to the five random questions posed by Bubs:

1. You're stuck in a flesh-eating zombie apocalypse. Would you rather deal with Romero shambling zombies who are learning to use tools and weapons, or insensible but crazy fast Dawn of the Dead remake zombies? Compare and contrast.

This is a no-brainer for me (har-di-har har).

First, I have to set something straight. I'm going to have to say that if the undead that are trying to eat your brain are moving faster than an elderly woman with a walker, THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES.

That point aside, I'd still have to go with the slow-moving braineaters.

I would probably freeze, scared witless, when confronted by some creature barreling down at me at full speed. If it was slower, I feel I could maybe handle the situation a little better.

And if zombies were starting learn how to do complex things like handling tools and weapons, perhaps they could also be reasoned with.


2. Who's the first female cartoon or comic book character you had a crush on?

I actually had to think about this for a while. I'd have to say it would be Black Widow, primarily from her appearances in the Marvel comic Daredevil.



Here's a list of her many charms.
a) She has dark auburn hair.
b) She has a killer body in tight-fitting dark clothing (imagine that -- a comic book superhero female character with an outrageously voluptuous body in a tight-fitting costume)
c) Her real name is Natasha and she is Russian. Superman had his weakness in Kryptonite. Mine is women with eastern-European accents. And Natasha is the absolute sexiest female name ever.

Sigh.


3. What makes your wife/girlfriend/significant other a saint in regards to her relationship with you?


"Black Widow means nothing to me, honey, I swear!"

Well, there are many praises to sing, but to answer specifically your question of what makes her a "saint"...

She is incredibly supportive. I'll say something is important to me, and she'll be right there helping me make it happen.

As I've mentioned before, I have recurring problems with anxiety. She's very patient when I have these episodes, probably more patient than she should be.

She tolerates me, let's face it. She's a deep, good-hearted person.


4. Batman or James Bond?

Though I would hate to have my parents killed as a young child, I'd say Batman all the way. He's brilliant, moody, has a great costume, and carries just a whole vibe which is so much cooler than stupid James Bond. Plus, James Bond is a tool of the man. Batman is about doing what's right.


5. If you could do anything in the world that you wanted to do (assuming you're not already doing it now) what would it be? For a living, for fun, whatever.

a) My liberal conscience would like me to be a public interest lawyer.
b) If I could make a living doing music, that'd be nice, though I wouldn't want to tour a lot, being away from my family.
c) I'm not sure if I would like making a living doing the stressful job of a film director, but I suppose I could take a whack at that, too. Ditto about not being away from the family over long stretches of time.


Thanks so much for these probing questions! Now it's my turn to ask my own set of random questions.


1. Choose one superpower: super strength, super speed, or invisibility. Explain your choice.

2. What's the weirdest music in your collection?

3. Name a place where you never have lived, but have always thought would be a good place to settle down.

4. Have you ever seen, or been in the presence of, a ghost?

5. What should be a crime that currently isn't? What's currently a crime that shouldn't be?


I am tagging:

SamuraiFrog
Tim
Manx
Jess
Mob

Bubs, feel free to answer these questions as well. I might take a whack at the ones Barbara asked you.

Love,


Splotchy

5 comments:

Joe said...

Cool answers. I was especially intrigued by your comic book crush. Reminded me of Julie Newmar as Catwoman. Your zombie quote, though..."Perhaps they could also be reasoned with"?? You ARE benevolent, aren't you. I like your suggested questions too, I might have to take a crack at them.

Splotchy said...

After I posted about the Black Widow, Julie Newmar as Catwoman did pop up in my mind. It's too bad she doesn't have a Russian accent.

Yeah, I might be benevolent to a fault. I scored a 35% on that zombie survival quiz (a score so low I was too embarrassed to post it).

Mob said...

I'll try to do this one this evening, it'll be a refreshing break from me whining about the household repairs.

Mob said...

Awright, done and done...a little late, but it's been a long weekend, my friend.

Jess Wundrun said...

All done