Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sweet, Sweet Empty Space


Psssssst! You! Yeah, you! The clever one!

Oh, you aren't fooled by my seemingly empty post, are you?

You are one of the following:

1. After visiting my blog and noticing a conspicuously empty post, you decided to drag your mouse across the screen while holding down your mouse button, thus revealing this hidden text. Wow, that was pretty clever of you. I have doubts if I would have done what you just did. You rock.

2. You look at my blog via some sort of RSS feed reader (Google Reader, Bloglines, etc.). You are one of those genius blog reader type of people. You need your blog facts *now*, from all your blog sources, and you want it all in one place! So, my pitiful attempt to mask my text on my own blog fails miserably when faced with your powerful blog reader. Kudos to you!

So, whether you fit into #1 or #2, here's what I would like you to do.

Please answer the following question in a comment on this post. Make no reference to the fact that you are answering a question put forth by the post, nor the fact that there is hidden text here. Just answer the question, and rest assured in the knowledge that you are oh so goddamn clever.

Now, the question (appropriately a space question, heh heh heh):
If you were offered a free ride on the next shuttle into space, would you go? Explain why or why not.

10 comments:

Manx said...

Man. It's quiet in here.

Splotchy said...

Manx, space is quiet.

Just curious, are you going to answer my question?

Manx said...

Which question?

Splotchy said...

Didn't you read this post?

The question is near the bottom.

Manx said...

The question is meaningless. Who the hell wouldn't, and why the hell not. Except for the probability of dying and all that.

Splotchy said...

Wouldn't you think it a possibility rather than a probability of dying, though?

I'd be worried if NASA started discussing missions where they regularly mentioned the percentage of likelihood that the astronauts would die.

Manx said...

True. True.

That was a little dramatic of me.

From what I have seen, profession is slightly less dangerous than an Alaskan crab fisherman.

Dr. Zaius said...

How Zen!

p0nk said...

astronauts have to be in excellent shape. it would be an awesome experience but too much work for me to accomplish.

Tengrain said...

Yes.

Because in space no one can hear you scream. I need to test this.

Regards,

Tengrain