Thursday, July 26, 2007

Who's In Charge Here? - Rookie of the Year

Purpose: Determine a band's leader by analyzing a publicity photo.

Disclaimer: A band's inclusion on this blog reflects neither an endorsement nor a criticism of its music. This post is merely intended as a spotlight on the inner political workings of a collection of individuals who are in the midst of a cooperative, creative endeavor.

The Process:
You, dear reader, please answer the question, "Who's in charge here?"

After sufficient discussion has taken place, a verdict can then be passed based on a majority vote.


Band: Rookie Of The Year
Genre: Acoustic Rock
Website:http://www.myspace.com/rookieoftheyear


The Verdict (UPDATED!)

The learning process continues. I think I will definitely need to recuse myself from any "Who's In Charge Here?" votes, as my opinion is colored by the initial selection of the band photo (there will often be more than several to choose from, all with their own unique power dynamic).

So, with two votes, uncomfortably squatting Ron Wood lookalike dude wins.


8 comments:

Jess Wundrun said...

ummmm. Crouching guy? or hidden tiger?

lulu said...

Guy with shades.

GETkristiLOVE said...

These bands all look the same to me.

J.D. said...

Yeah, Mr. CTHD down there.

Manx said...

I'm going with the wussy looking Mick Jagger clone on the left. Doesn't that hand expression mean "Piss Off" in Europe?

Manx said...

Another thing. Is there any way we can determine what the guy in shades is holding? Because if it's one of those keyboards on a strap, then their music might be a lot different than I thought.

Splotchy said...

jess, interesting, interesting. I thought the crouch indicated his animal subservience to the standing figure, but he could be a jungle cat poised to strike. Plus, he looks like he's related to Ron Wood, which could give him some cred.

lulu, also an interesting choice. Is the guy projecting his authority because of the shades, or in spite of them?

kristi, I don't know where you get that idea. These guys are wearing black.

j.d., I hadta STFW for your acronym 'cause I am a noob.

manx, if it does, it's the wussiest "piss off" I have ever seen.

Regarding your other question, from what little I can glimpse, it doesn't appear to be a keytar. Unfortunately, my BladeRunner super-duper photo viewer is broken, so I can't get a better looksee.

GETkristiLOVE said...

I like the purple pen the best.