Friday, April 24, 2009

FAIL Meme FAIL

I think I saw the first FAIL pictures very soon after they started popping up on the web (a year ago? a year and a half?).

I thought the first ones I saw were sort of funny, but then these kinds of pictures started appearing everywhere.

Next, a few sites sprung up, devoted to all things FAIL.

I really started disliking the whole business, because:

1) Most of the time, it wasn't funny.
2) It was often mean-spirited.
3) I'm tired of people lazily shitting on other people/things for a cheap laugh.
4) I'm tired of people lazily shitting on other people/things in general.


It's okay to make light of others on occasion, etc. (hey, it must be okay if *I* do it!), but for something to have sneering at anything and everything else as its sole purpose -- well, it's just too much for me to take.

For this, FAIL meme, you fail.

2 comments:

Randal Graves said...

But how am I supposed to label my endless string of personal failures?

Splotchy said...

I TRIED