Friday, November 23, 2007

The Idea Of Progress Is In Disguise And Throwing Down Some Serious Math In Russia

Via my idiosyncratic blog-reading habits, I have been led to discover a very surprising blog-math revelation.

I was reading the latest post from Matty Boy regarding a mathematician in Russia who recently proved the Poincaré Conjecture.

The post included a picture of the mathematician, Grigori Perelman.



And then it hit me. This was not Grigori Perleman, but the blogosphere's very own The Idea Of Progress, cleverly disguised!



Why is he in disguise? Does he not want to jeopardize his "Sexiest Man Alive" title? Isn't this the 21st century, Mr. Of Progress? Math is the new sexy!

Or, am I spoiling a surprise you were to unleash on the public on Idea of Progress Day?

Either way, congratulations!

4 comments:

Diamond Dave Diggler said...

He even went so fas as to put blue contacts in. That diabolical genius.

BeckEye said...

Math is the new sexy? Well, that makes sense. I never knew what sexy was, and I certainly don't understand math.

The Idea Of Progress said...

On my itinerary today was a Russian visit. See, I was going to topple Putin's regime.

Now I won't be able to, as my cover has been blown.

Perhaps I'll just disprove the theory of gravity, then, and leave it at that.

Happy Idea of Progress Day!

dguzman said...

Oh man, can't we bring the old sexy back? I don't even care what it is, man. Just not math.