Thursday, November 1, 2007

November Is Splotchy Gets To Make Up Holidays Month

Yes, it's that time again!

Of course, since I did not have a blog in November of 2006, you couldn't possibly be aware that we have finally arrived at the month where I get to make up holidays for every Friday.

Now you know! And now, I present to you my holidays for the month of November.


November 2nd - Okey-Dokey Day
Since my first holiday is occurring tomorrow, I decided to come up with a day that would not require any special equipment or preparation.

This holiday can be celebrated by wrapping up every conversation you have with the words "Okey-dokey". "Okily-dokily" is an acceptable alternative, but "Y'okay" is not.


November 9th - Mismatched Shoe Day
Just what it says. Your shoes should not match. If you want to be stealthy, and you have a couple pairs of black shoes available to you, you can mismatch those (I'll probably be opting for a brown shoe/black shoe combo).

Please provide a picture of your mismatched shoes (preferably while you are wearing them) and post on your own blog to honor this solemn holiday.


Novermber 16th - Burgess Meredith Remembrance Day
Say something nice about the man. It's his 100th birthday.


November 23rd - Purchase Preprocessed Turkey Products Day
Ah, the day after Thanksgiving, or as many people are fond of calling it, Black Friday. The origin and meaning of the term are debatable, but for many "Black Friday" hooks into negative feelings towards crowds, shopping and the commercialization of Christmas. Instead of refraining from shopping as a protest, I recommend that celebrants of this holiday visit their local supermarket and purchase turkey products -- turkey pot pie, turkey dinners, prepackaged turkey lunchmeats (for our vegetarian friends, Tofurkey). Why? I don't know, it just seems like a funny thing to do.


November 30th - Whatever Splotchy Says Day
Await my instructions on the 30th.

13 comments:

The Idea Of Progress said...

You forgot "Give Money to the Idea of Progress Day."

Diamond Dave Diggler said...

I always thought that August needs some holidays. Take care of that for me splotch, will ya? There MAY be a vote in it for you.

Splotchy said...

idear, November 30th could be your lucky day, depending what I say.

CTC, I thought every day was National Sweating Day in August.

Joe said...

I am so looking forward to November now. Thanks!

Fran said...

Hmmm... I have a Burgess Meredith story. November 16, I will mark it o the calendar!

And it does coincide with my birthday which is November 12!

Amazing coincidence or disturbing parallel?

You decide.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

What about oak-diddly-yokely? Is that allowed?

Splotchy said...

bubs, you're welcome!

franiam, excellent!

barbara, absolutitootily.

BeckEye said...

Ok, I LOVE Burgess Meredith. I always wanted to adopt him as my grandfather.

Catherine said...

I am so looking forward to Nov. 16th!!

Distributorcap said...

what is November 31st????


i also have a burgess meredith encounter story

Splotchy said...

beckeye, there's no rule preventing you from adopting a second actor.

cat, the 16th is going to be a Very Burgess Day.

dc, I believe November 31st is National First Day Of December Day. I hope you share your Burgess M. story on the 16th in celebration!

Moxie said...

For the Preprocessed Turkey Day, I highly recommend the Tofurkey Italian sausage. It's great sauteed with peppers, mushroom, red onion, and a dash of balsalmic vinegar.

Splotchy said...

moxie, groovy, I'll haveta try that.

I didn't mention it the main post, but Tofurkey is a nice swear word, too.