Tuesday, November 27, 2007

An Unexpected Live Show

I am happy to report I'll be attending a concert on Thursday night, something I don't do too often these days!

A friend of mine just informed me today he had an extra ticket to see Tegan & Sara at the Portage Theater in Chicago.

The first I heard of this group was via a contribution by the lovely Barbara to the Speed It Up Green Monkey Mix. Thank you, Barbara! If you want me to yell a song request for you, or say something positive or negative about the Calgary Flames, I will gladly convey your message.

Is anyone else attending this show? Look for me -- I'll be dressed as Satan's underpants.

Here's a video of Barbara's song contribution - Speak Slow

5 comments:

Joe said...

Frankly, I can't even comment on their music because I'm too disturbed by the return of the she-mullet.

Splotchy said...

bubs, sorry! First I dizzy you with my Christmas tree, then I follow it up with the swift jab of a she-mullet.

Maybe I'm still unconsciously smarting from your exposure of Springfield, Illinois as a hotbed of clown perverts with heart conditions. We really do try to keep that kind of evil under wraps.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Awww shucks, thanks, Splotchy! Whatever you do, just don't ask them about being twin sister lesbian musicians; they get pretty tired of that question.

I'd actually probably ask for Speak Slow, as it is one of my favourite Tegan and Sara songs. Have a blast!

Splotchy said...

barbara, thanks for the recommendation and the don't-go-there conversation warning. For some reason, I feel better that you saw this post before I went.

Dale said...

I think Speak Slow is the only song I know of theirs. Hope the show was great.