Sunday, November 4, 2007

An Ongoing Investigative Series: World Of Warcraft, With Sprinklings Of Diablo


Hi.

I have mentioned before that I have dabbled in the arcane arts of role-playing adventure, particularly those which are computer-based.

One of my favorites was The Pool Of Radiance, which I played on the good ol' Commodore 64.

A few years ago, I got pretty unpleasantly addicted to Diablo II, an initially enjoyable game which eventually devolved into an unpleasant grind of killing monsters in hopes of getting some decent treasure.

Blizzard Entertainment, the company that produced Diablo I and II, has in recent years produced an even more popular game called World Of Warcraft, which is the equivalent of Diablo I and II on crystal meth and crack combined.

Both my brother and myself were at one time both addicted to Diablo II. We were both able to kick the habit. I should probably mention that we were casual addicts rather than hardcore, sit-in-one's-filth addicts. You can take this statement however you want -- I'd be suspicious of the same kind of comment coming out of an alcoholic's mouth.

My brother recently informed me that he has started playing the World of Warcraft game.

I asked him if I could periodically provide updates to his character's progress, impressions of the game, etc., to which he consented.

In this series I'll recount some of his experiences, and mix these with some of my own observations about my Diablo II experience.

To keep your interest, I'll periodically include the odd picture of a hot, busty elf.

2 comments:

Joe said...

One thing I'd always like to see more of is hot busty elves.

Diamond Dave Diggler said...

After Final Fantasy, I was mostly addicted to sports games, because it seemed like all the role playing games eventually eroded to "killing monsters in hopes of getting some decent treasure." Of course, most sports games eventually degrade to "lets see if I can score 100 on these guys." If your butt falls asleep, even when you are sitting in an ergonomic video game chair, you know you need to go outside.