Tuesday, November 20, 2007

This Just In: Mom Believes Her Son Is Innocent

From today's Chicago Sun Times, the latest installment in the ongoing missing person investigation of Stacy Peterson:

***

Drew Peterson's mom, Betty Morphey, had strong words Monday for Stacy Peterson, who she believes left Peterson and their two children and ran off with another man, as her son contends.

"I would tell her I'm ashamed of her for putting the family through this," Morphey said. "She knows where she is."

In a lengthy interview, Morphey, 79, spoke about how heartbreaking she finds the insinuation that her son would harm anyone. Stacy's family believes the young mother would never have left her two children and fear she is dead.

"I could swear on a Bible that he would never hurt anyone at any time," Morphey said. "I'm proud he's my son and I feel so bad he's got to go through all this because of her. She was just too young." There is a 30-year age difference between Drew and Stacy Peterson.


***


A mother doesn't believe her accused son is responsible for a crime? Is this news?

7 comments:

dguzman said...

Next thing you'll tell us that the neighbors said he was always a nice quiet guy!

Slave to the dogs said...

Petersons are just scary, I've decided. Drew and Stacy, Scott and Lacy.......wheeewewwweew, creepy!

Splotchy said...

d, I think that story is scheduled for tomorrow.

s_tothe_d, I just hope there isn't a John Wayne Gacy Peterson walking the earth right now.

Diamond Dave Diggler said...

I work pretty closely with a guy named Peterson...

I can see him becoming a murderer.

You might have something there.

Catherine said...

She is going to feel really bad when Cowboy's coworker ends up murdering her.

Distributorcap said...

Petersons are becoming the new Post Office workers......

dguzman said...

Look out, or I'll go Peterson on your ass.