Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A New Tuesday Feature: Unconnected Tuesdays

With a recent post, Doctor Monkey Von Monkerstein has inspired me to start a new feature.

Until I get a catchier title, I'm calling it Unconnected Tuesdays.

In this new feature, I'll post two pictures that have no relation to each other. I'm going to do my best to have no preconceived connection between the images that I post. I am not intending to make any sort of snarky comment with the collision of imagery, it's just what it is - a visual non-sequitur.

Of course, I will be using my brain to select out the images for inclusion in each of these installments. I think it will be an interesting experiment if I can escape the perpetual connections that the unconscious mind makes. My guess is that there will be at least a few times that I'll make a connection unconsciously without realizing it until someone else points it out.

Hopefully, it will also be an interesting experiment for the viewer of the images. I think that there is definitely an inclination to find associations in any groupings.

Okay, enough of my ignorant dimestore pseudobabble. To the pictures!

A hippo

A fluffy cloud

6 comments:

Joe said...

I found that non-sequitor to be quite soothing, and not jarring in the least.

Thank you

Splotchy said...

You're welcome!

And may I say to you, that your new avatar makes me think I am going to get beaten up by Mike Hammer. But in a good way!

Va-voom! Pow!

GETkristiLOVE said...

You don't see the connection between a hippopotamus and a cumulonimbus?!

Splotchy said...

kristi, that wasn't a pun, was it?

Joe said...

Splotchy, good eye! That is the original movie Mike Hammer, Ralph Meeker.

Jess Wundrun said...

Ah, this reminds me of a game my old cubicle neighbor and I used to play between rounds of answering phone calls in a customer service center.

It was anti-word association. If I said 'radish' he had to say 'tidy bowl man'.

I think I'll call him up right now and say 'masticate'.