Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Some Sobering Facts About Wine

Now that I have gotten the attention of the professional and amateur chemists of my blog readership with my impromptu quiz, I now feel I can address a serious problem.



Look at that. Isn't it beautiful?

Some people call it 2,4,6-trichloroanisole.
The kids call it TCA.
The old folks call it C7H5OCl3
I like to call it Sheila.

How could such an angelic-looking, sweet, innocent compound have such an insidious effect on our lives, on our very world?

The answer may disgust you.
The answer may frighten you.
The answer may potentially neither disgust nor frighten you.

I, of course, speak of the embarrassing stench of cork taint.

6 comments:

Joe said...

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

mmmm, cork taint.

Johnny Yen said...

Or "corking" as we call it in the business.

Jess Wundrun said...

Screw tops! I've been had!

GETkristiLOVE said...

That must be a soft cell, because it's cork taint=tainted love.

Splotchy said...

bubs, your God will not help you now!

dr mvm, "Here's to alcohol: the source of, and answer to, all of life's problems."

jy, for some reason "corking" sounds even dirtier than "cork taint".

jess, I'm willing to arrange an armistice for this war. Too much carnage. T'aint civilized, I tells ya.

kristi, you definitely know how to dole out the punishment. Someone get me some punicillin.