Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Adopt An Actor Leaps The Language Divide

I'm very proud to announce our very first adoption in a non-English language blog!

German blogger Julius Firefly has adopted the Joss Whedon regular Jonathan M. Edwards.

As Julius Firefly writes, "Character actor and an actress to adopt is at present all the rise up in the Blogosphaere. Began this ' schauerliche pleasure on I, Splotchy." (English translation courtesy of the always "reliable" babblefish).

To new and prospective adoptive parents, I say:

Welcome!
Willkommen!
Bienvenue!
歡迎!
Benvenuto!
반갑습니다!
Seja bem-vindo(a)!
Bienvenido!

4 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Soon all people of the world will bow down and recognize the genius that is Splotchy.

Splotchy said...

Let's just hope "splotchy" doesn't mean "genital herpes" in some foreign language.

Actually, I'm not so sure it doesn't mean that in English.

J.D. said...

I think "Splotchy" from Danish means "dwarf hockey" or something.

Splotchy said...

j.d., I can live with "dwarf hockey". In fact, I often do.