Saturday, August 4, 2007

Advertising I Can Get Behind

For the most part, I absolutely despise advertising. I hate it.

Okay. But, let's say it was an old ad painted on a building.

Keep talking...

Let's say it was an ad in disrepair, where the paint was peeling, and in its dilapidated state it somehow conveyed an improbably-pleasing aesthetic.

Hmmmm... I'm listening...

And how about the ad is for a product that, despite being heavily marketed at the time, died a sad, uneventful death, so much so that most people who glance at this ad today have no clue what the product's purpose was?

I am so there!!!!

A Like Cola ad seen on a building on the north side of Ogden Avenue, on the western edge of Brookfield near the cross street of East Avenue.

6 comments:

Jess Wundrun said...

My friend's dad was an exec at the local 7up/Dr. Pepper bottling group. They are probably still drinking all the free Like cola they tried to pawn off on the rest of us.

Splotchy said...

Can you score me a case?

Joe said...

Am I correct in seeing that it's not even "Caffeine Free"? It's ALMOST caffeine free, like, 80% or something? Huh?

Splotchy said...

It's 99% caffeine free.

According to its Wikipedia entry, "By law, a cola had to have at least some caffeine in it."

GETkristiLOVE said...

You'd like Mexico's advertising then - not only does the product disappear, but most of the building its advertised on, and its inhabitants. It cracks me up every time I see a brick building out in the middle of nowhere with something like Fanta painted on the side and "albierto" but there's no sign of human life.

Splotchy said...

Is that about the time when the mutant hill people attack?