Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Presenting The Total Absorption Mix!

The first online edition of the Green Monkey Music Project has been completed, and is available for download!

I'll probably write a little blurb later today on this here blog discussing my selections.

If the participants of this mix want to discuss their own selections, please feel free to do so! I'll put a pointer on this post if you end up posting about it on your own blog (or you could always just add comments here, I suppose).

===================
TOTAL ABSORPTION
===================

The Rules



The Participants Discuss Their Selections:
Barbara!
Beth!
Monkey!
Splotchy!


The Songs:

Get the mix in chunks!
Zipped file of Songs 01-10 (All of Splotchy's songs)
Zipped file of Songs 11-20 (All of Beth's songs)
Zipped file of Songs 21-31 (All of Barbara's songs)
Zipped file of Songs 32-38 (All of Monkey's songs)


Track Listing
01 - The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army [splotchy]
02 - Gang Of Four - Natural's Not In It [splotchy]
03 - Luna - La Poupee Qui Fait Non [splotchy]
04 - Magnetic Fields - I Don't Believe You [splotchy]
05 - The Beta Band - She's The One [splotchy]
06 - The Shins - New Slang [splotchy]
07 - Robyn Hitchcock - The Speed Of Things [splotchy]
08 - The 13th Floor Elevators - I Had To Tell You [splotchy]
09 - Sam Cooke - Change Is Gonna Come [splotchy]
10 - Brian Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets [splotchy]
11 - R.E.M. - Radio Free Europe [beth]
12 - Lyle Lovett - Friend of the Devil [beth]
13 - Michael Stipe feat. Chris Martin - In the Sun [beth]
14 - Nina Simone - Feeling Good [beth]
15 - Oasis - Champagne Supernova [beth]
16 - Neil Young - Philadelphia [beth]
17 - Nanci Griffith - Morning Song for Sally [beth]
18 - Al Green - Love and Happiness [beth]
19 - The Replacements - I Will Dare [beth]
20 - Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter #23 [beth]
21 - James - Ring the Bells [barbara]
22 - Neutral Milk Hotel - King of Carrot Flowers Pt 1 [barbara]
23 - Neutral Milk Hotel - King of Carrot Flowers Pt 2 and 3 [barbara]
24 - Joy Division - Transmission [barbara]
25 - Chad VanGaalen - Blood Machine [barbara]
26 - Pixies - Holiday Song [barbara]
27 - The Constantines - Young Lions [barbara]
28 - Ballboy - Avant Garde Music - [barbara]
29 - Belle and Sebastian - The Boy With the Arab Strap [barbara]
30 - Radiohead - Let Down [barbara]
31 - The Jesus and Mary Chain - Happy When It Rains [barbara]
32 - Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue [monkey]
33 - Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town [monkey]
34 - Rank and File - Post Office Wall [monkey]
35 - Kirsty MacColl - Titanic Days [monkey]
36 - Mediaeval Baebes - Kilmeny [monkey]
37 - Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill [monkey]
38 - Stiff Little Fingers - Who Died and Made You Elvis? [monkey]

10 comments:

Cup said...

My post about my choices is now up.

Damn; we are some cool kids, aren't we?

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Wooooooooooooo, so much good music! I downloaded it all, even my choices. My post is up also.

Splotchy for President!

Cup said...

My vote's in the Splotchy camp now, I must admit.

Splotchy said...

beth, if we ain't cool, then I don't wanna be cool. Did that make any sense?

dr mvm and beth, thanks for your votes, but keep in mind that at this point I am only a write-in candidate.

Moxie said...

I downloaded everything because my music collection needs a extreme makeover. Thanks for doing a project like this! I will have to start perusing your blog more often.

Splotchy said...

Thanks a lot for stopping by, moxie! Feel free to drop by anytime!

I hope you enjoy the songs.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I may not be entitled to vote in your fine country, but the least I can do is post a justification for my picks, which I have now done.

Splotchy said...

Excellent, barbara!

I've added the link.

Dale said...

Great idea and I've read the posts, now I will go shopping for about 15 songs I've never heard! Thanks Splotchy.

Splotchy said...

Glad to be of service, dale!