Monday, August 20, 2007

Snotty-Ass Rock 'N Roll - Track Listing

Hi, just a few loose ends to tie up, and GMMP Volume 2, Snotty-Ass Rock 'N Roll, will be available for download.

To tide you over, this is the track listing of the upcoming mix.

01 - Gogol Bordello- I Would Never Wanna Be Young [bigshoulders]
02 - The Ramones - Beat on the Brat [bigshoulders]
03 - PJ Harvey - Who the F*ck? [bigshoulders]
04 - Pixies - Debaser [bigshoulders]
05 - The Clash - Guns of Brixton [bigshoulders]
06 - Morphine - Sharks [bigshoulders]
07 - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Rich [bigshoulders]
08 - Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot [bigshoulders]
09 - Ween - Piss Up A Rope [chris]
10 - Bobby Darin - Down With Love [chris]
11 - Descendents - Sour Grapes [chris]
12 - Etta James - Losers Weepers (pt. 1) [chris]
13 - Phil Ochs - Love Me, I'm A Liberal [chris]
14 - Rev. Horton Heat - Nurture My Pig! [chris]
15 - They Might Be Giants - Prevenge [chris]
16 - Ben Folds Five - Song For The Dumped [chris]
17 - Iggy Pop - Dog Food [bubs]
18 - Green Day - Platypus [bubs]
19 - Public Image Ltd. - Fodderstompf [bubs]
20 - Lou Reed - Dirt [bubs]
21 - The Cramps - People Ain't No Good [bubs]
22 - Brian Eno - Baby's On Fire [bubs]
23 - Sex Pistols - Pretty Vacant [bubs]
24 - X Ray Spex - Oh Bondage, Up Yours [bubs]
25 - Guns 'N Roses - Welcome to the Jungle [flannery alden]
26 - Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit [flannery alden]
27 - Lily Allen - Smile [flannery alden]
28 - Alanis Morissette - You Outta Know [flannery alden]
29 - The Old Crow Medicine Show - Union Maid [flannery alden]
30 - Justin Timberlake - SexyBack [flannery alden]
31 - Destiny's Child - Survivor [flannery alden]
32 - Oasis - Married With Children [flannery alden]
33 - Mekons - Memphis, Egypt [splotchy]
34 - Public Enemy - 911 Is A Joke [splotchy]
35 - Devo - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction [splotchy]
36 - Beck - Truckdrivin' Neighbor Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) [splotchy]
37 - The Doors - Peace Frog [splotchy]
38 - The Dictators - Two Tub Man [splotchy]
39 - Modern Lovers - Pablo Picasso [splotchy]
40 - The Jesus And Mary Chain - I Hate Rock 'N Roll [splotchy]

BONUS TRACKS

I mentioned when providing my own snotty list, that there was a Butthole Surfers song that I wanted to include, but I thought people would find too offensive. bigshoulders remarked that he felt like he held back a little bit. Why are we holding back?! This is a snotty mix.

So, I asked each participant to provide a snotty song that they initially didn't include because it was too damned snotty. Listener beware!

41 - Patti Smith Group - Rock N Roll Nigger [bigshoulders-extra snotty]
42 - Ween - Baby Bitch [chris-extra snotty]
43 - The Rotters - Sit On My Face Stevie Nicks [bubs-extra snotty]
44 - Violent Femmes - Add It Up [flannery alden-extra snotty]
45 - Butthole Surfers - 22 Going On 23 [splotchy-extra snotty]

When chris gets back from vacation, I'll ask him for his extra snotty song. Shortly after, the songs should be available.

6 comments:

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

This mix couldn't have come at a better time for me as I find myself in need of some serious snottiness.

Thanks for letting me join in the fun! Oh, and f*ck off! (I say that with love)

Joe said...

I can't wait to burn this onto CD so I have appropriate soundtrack music for work.

In addition to all the other descriptors that follow "Splotchy"--father, husband, genius--you can now add "public servant."

Splotchy said...

flannery, is it even possible to say "f*ck off" without a feeling of affection?

bubs, I like that. Sounds much better than "deviated prevert".

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I can't wait to download all those songs. You kids out did yourselves.

bigshoulders said...

I can't wait to read all of my "snotty-ass" bloggers-in-arms comments regarding their song choices. Thanks for letting me be a part of the fun! I enjoyed cobbling this mix together and hope to participate in another one in the future.

cheers!
bigshoulders