Tuesday, August 7, 2007

This Post Should Have Been Written On A Mac

Yay! - We picked up a Macbook Pro laptop today!

Boo! - I couldn't figure out how to get it to connect to my wireless router!

Yay! - The laptop can connect to the 'Net when I hook it directly to the router via an Ethernet cable!

Boo! - Who gives a flying f*ck that I can connect to the Internet via an Ethernet cable! It's a f*cking laptop! I want to connect wireless!

Yay! - I like John Hodgman, the witty gentleman who plays the PC in those goddamn Mac ads!

Boo! - I don't like that Mac guy, the guy that was in the presumably-shitty new Die Hard movie. My problems are all your fault, stupid guy whose name I won't look up!

_____________________


So, now you're thinking, well, why didn't he just post using the Ethernet connection? You're just like that asshead Mac guy, aren't you?!!

BURN, BABY, BURN!

8 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

Freakin' hilarious! Best post I have seen this morning!

I am on a PC, so I don't have to put up with all of that non-stop marshmallowy Mac wonderfullness that Mac users are always talking about. I have used both operating systems, and think that they are about equally annoying.

OK, now using your new Macbook Pro, right click on something. (Ha! Made you look!)

Some Guy said...

Yeah, that guy was also in the presumably-god-awful Herbie movie with Lindsay Lohan. I haven't seen it, but appearing in a movie with an anthropomorphic car is a one-way ticket to Hacksville.

Splotchy said...

dr z, damn you and your multi-button mouse! Damn you to hell!

chris, hey watch what you're saying, man! Breckin Meyer was in that movie! What do you mean, "Breckin Meyer Who?"

Some Guy said...

Splotchy- Fear not. My pop culture knowledge knows no bounds. I still remember his tour-de-force performance in "Camp Cucamonga".

J.D. said...

Yeah, Macs do suck. I can't trust Justin Long anymore. It's just too many LIES!!!!!

Johnny Yen said...

Hey, if I can get my ibook to connect via the wireless, anyone can. Go to "System Preferences," then "Network." Pull up "Airport" and set it to "Automatic."

If you have trouble still, get my phone number from Bubs and give me a call.

Justin Long was great in Galaxy Quest-- as a science fiction nerd. Talk about type-casting...

Splotchy said...

thanks for the offer mr yen, but I got off the phone with Apple support last night.

Apparently there is a compatibility option with my Macbook Pro and my 2Wire router. There have apparently been lots of people complaining about this.

The Apple support dude walked me through a couple of steps, and then basically said he couldn't help me.

To be sure it wasn't just my AirPort card being defective, I went to a place with WiFi and verified that I could connect -- absolutely no problems encountered.

I'll probably end up having to buy a new goddamn router for this goddamn computer. I might just buy a little wireless thingamabob (if they sell those) and plug that into my existing router via Ethernet cable. Maybe that'll be cheap.

Johnny Yen said...

We actually used the usb/wifi things-- the ethernet jack on Kim's old ibook crapped out, and I did some research and found it- it would have been about $400 to fix the NIC card in the ibook. The USB thing was about $45. It was www.afterthemac.com.