Thursday, August 2, 2007

Knock-Knock

Inspired by Johnny Yen, who made a little room in his blog for the wit and wisdom of his son Adam, I too shall on occasion post in awe of the wit and wisdom of my own kids.

Not too long ago I introduced the kids to the wonders of the knock-knock joke, including the justifiably-praised "banana" gag.

So, my four year old daughter comes up to me the other day.

____________________



"Knock, knock," she says.

"Who's there?" I reply.

"Toot."

"Toot who?"

She turns around so I'm looking at her back, squats slightly, and produces a large wet, mouth fart.

____________________



She will probably outgrow this kind of humor at some point, but I have a sinking feeling that I will not.

Hey, if you have a good knock-knock joke, I'd love to hear it. I'm always looking for new material.

10 comments:

justacoolcat said...

Brilliant. One day when I have my own tv show your daughter has a writing job reserved.

Cup said...

You're raising your kids in your own image. That's cool!

Johnny Yen said...

No, they never outgrow bad jokes. Myself included.

Knock, knock?

Who's there.

Joe.

Joe who?

Joe Mama!

anandamide said...

my 3 year old pulled this on me the other day:

3yrold: "daddy, ask me what whale poop looks like"

37yrold: "ok, what does whale poop look like"

3yrold: "i don't know...but it's PRETTY BIG"

a proud moment indeed...

Some Guy said...

Yours is a child after my own heart. Congrats!

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

The only one that my 5-year-old can say is:

Knock knock
Who's there?
Interupting cow
Interupt--
MOO!

Of course, she loves to say it 20 times in a row. My wife and I are trying to teach her other jokes, but we haven't been so successful.

Anonymous said...

The intergalactic gladiator beat me to it, but I can confirm that the interrupting cow joke still kills in our family after all these years.

Splotchy said...

justacoolcat, thanks! She will be happy to hear her employment future is secure!

beth, I'm afraid to ask what my image is.

jy, I don't know if the kids are ready for jive-talkin' yet, but I'll definitely file this away for future reference.

anandamide, that's a zinger! It's like a rule of comedy -- you can't go wrong with poop.

chris, thanks so much! I am so proud of my raspberry-blowin' l'il lady.

jon and kirby, I can't believe I forgot about the interrupting cow joke! It's like in the hall of fame of knock-knocks. I'll lay it on the kiddies first thing tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

GETkristiLOVE said...

I like that kid!

Splotchy said...

kristi, she's definitely the odd one of the litter, but I very much appreciate that oddness.