Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Gayest Video Ever Poll Closes at 5:00pm Today

Hi,

The arbitrary voting for Gayest Video Ever ™ will end today, at 5:00pm CDT (That's Thursday, 30 August 2007 12:00am GMT for our friends outside the US).

Here's the current tally. I don't want to pick the winner yet, but Frank Sirmarco is the favorite to take home The Schneider.

Lionel Richie - All Night Long (1 vote)
Sting - Fortress Around Your Heart (1 vote)
Queen - I Want To Break Free (1 vote)
Wham - Wake Me Up (4 votes)
Baltimora - Tarzan Boy (2 votes)
Billy Squier - Rock Me Tonite (1 vote)

If you haven't yet voted, please do so. US citizenship is not a requirement!


FINAL VOTE TALLY!
Lionel Richie - All Night Long (1 vote)
Sting - Fortress Around Your Heart (2 votes)
Queen - I Want To Break Free (1 vote)
Wham - Wake Me Up (4 votes)
Baltimora - Tarzan Boy (3 votes)
Billy Squier - Rock Me Tonite (4 votes)

8 comments:

Timothy Donavan Russell said...

I vote for the Sting video. The yearning in it! He can't fill some sort of chasm and that's finally all I need to know.

SamuraiFrog said...

Although it will hurt my own total, I have to give a vote to the Baltimora video. Why didn't I think to go with "Tarzan Boy"? It's actually one of my favorite songs...

anandamide said...

You know I'm voting for Billy Squier....

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you could possibly define "gayest" for me.
Does the word intone a concept of good or bad?

The Beatles "Let It Be" video as shown on television back when Neil was sashaying about on the moon is pretty gayer. Innit?

Splotchy said...

rhet, it's open to interpretation, but I think of this contest as a celebration of video gayness, not a condemnation.

And, to complete my unintended rhyming, gas station.

BeckEye said...

Well, if the Gay Pimp isn't being allowed in as a last minute entry, I have to go with Billy Squier.

toyranch said...

This is way gayer than any of those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qTi7cDtI4

Splotchy said...

bobby, shirtless guys in fur boots fighting with maces?

Gay?

Gay like a fox, maybe!