Thursday, August 9, 2007

An Opportunity For Mischief

Many moons ago, before the days when I would compulsively check my visitor stats for my blog in SiteMeter, I would compulsively check the statistics for my website, Splotchy.com.

This website has not been updated by me in years, and these days I rarely check the stats there. But, one recent day I thought I'd check them out.

I noticed that one particular image seemed to be getting a fair amount of hits:



The hits were coming from a MySpace page of self-proclaimed hip-hop, religious rapper G. House. It turns out that he is using this image of mine as wallpaper for his site.




Now, when you're putting images on your site that you yourself are not hosting, you could find yourself at the mercy of the person who *is* hosting the image. Why it was just earlier this year that John McCain fell victim to an image-swapping prank.

So here, I'm looking for suggestions. I was thinking about doing an image switcheroo -- uploading a new image to my website to replace the above "Guest House" image. Nothing too terribly mean, just something mischievous. What do you think would be a nice wallpaper for Mr. G. House?


UPDATE:

Okay, I uploaded Flannery Alden's suggestion in her comment to my website. May the hip-hop God have mercy on my soul.

12 comments:

dguzman said...

How about
LAME ASS RELIGIOUS BRITISH RAPPER
the last two words of which, I believe, constitute an oxymoron.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

How about this image?

Splotchy said...

dguzman, I dunno, that's a l'il harsh. I'm all about the lovin'. G. House, despite being a image-thievin' bandit, might be a perfectly sweet human being.

flannery, that's definitely a wicked possibility. I may very well use it.

jin said...

Haaahahahaaa!!!
That is beyond awesome!!!!

I wonder how long it takes him to notice?

Keep us updated!!!

Splotchy said...

jin, I'll do that. I'm wondering how urgent he'll feel the need to change it.

The term 'outhouse' might not be known to a lad from Leeds.

PJ said...

I'm from London, and I'm not familiar with that phrase. What does it mean? Is it referring to his sexuality?

Splotchy said...

PJ, here's some helpful info

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Oh, dear! What have I wrought?

MISCHIEF! Mwuah ha ha ha ha!

I'm probably going to hell for this...shall we meet there at 8, Splotchy?

Splotchy said...

flannery a, i'll be there with bells on.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Splotchy, you're my hero.

Sorghum Crow said...

bwahahahahahaha

PJ said...

Gotcha, ouch!