Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Presenting The Snotty-Ass Rock 'N Roll Mix!

Volume 2 of the Green Monkey Music Project has been completed, and is available for download!

If the participants of this mix want to discuss their own selections, please feel free to do so! I'll put a pointer on this post if you end up posting about it on your own blog (or you could always just add comments here, I suppose).

========================
SNOTTY-ASS ROCK 'N ROLL
========================

Rules and Theme Details

The Participants Discuss Their Selections:
Bigshoulders!
Chris!
Bubs!
Flannery Alden!
Splotchy!

The Songs:

Get the mix in chunks!

Zipped file of Songs 01-08, 41 (All of Bigshoulders' songs)
Zipped file of Songs 09-16, 42 (All of Chris' songs)
Zipped file of Songs 17-24, 43 (All of Bubs' songs)
Zipped file of Songs 25-32, 44 (All of Flannery Alden's songs)
Zipped file of Songs 33-40, 45 (All of Splotchy's songs)


Track Listing
01 - Gogol Bordello- I Would Never Wanna Be Young Again [bigshoulders]
02 - The Ramones - Beat on the Brat [bigshoulders]
03 - PJ Harvey - Who the F*ck? [bigshoulders]
04 - Pixies - Debaser [bigshoulders]
05 - The Clash - Guns of Brixton [bigshoulders]
06 - Morphine - Sharks [bigshoulders]
07 - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Rich [bigshoulders]
08 - Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot [bigshoulders]
09 - Ween - Piss Up A Rope [chris]
10 - Bobby Darin - Down With Love [chris]
11 - Descendents - Sour Grapes [chris]
12 - Etta James - Losers Weepers (pt. 1) [chris]
13 - Phil Ochs - Love Me, I'm A Liberal [chris]
14 - Rev. Horton Heat - Nurture My Pig! [chris]
15 - They Might Be Giants - Prevenge [chris]
16 - Ben Folds Five - Song For The Dumped [chris]
17 - Iggy Pop - Dog Food [bubs]
18 - Green Day - Platypus [bubs]
19 - Public Image Ltd. - Fodderstompf [bubs]
20 - Lou Reed - Dirt [bubs]
21 - The Cramps - People Ain't No Good [bubs]
22 - Brian Eno - Baby's On Fire [bubs]
23 - Sex Pistols - Pretty Vacant [bubs]
24 - X Ray Spex - Oh Bondage, Up Yours [bubs]
25 - Guns 'N Roses - Welcome to the Jungle [flannery alden]
26 - Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit [flannery alden]
27 - Lily Allen - Smile [flannery alden]
28 - Alanis Morissette - You Outta Know [flannery alden]
29 - The Old Crow Medicine Show - Union Maid [flannery alden]
30 - Justin Timberlake - SexyBack [flannery alden]
31 - Destiny's Child - Survivor [flannery alden]
32 - Oasis - Married With Children [flannery alden]
33 - Mekons - Memphis, Egypt [splotchy]
34 - Public Enemy - 911 Is A Joke [splotchy]
35 - Devo - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction [splotchy]
36 - Beck - Truckdrivin' Neighbor Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) [splotchy]
37 - The Doors - Peace Frog [splotchy]
38 - The Dictators - Two Tub Man [splotchy]
39 - Modern Lovers - Pablo Picasso [splotchy]
40 - The Jesus And Mary Chain - I Hate Rock 'N Roll [splotchy]

BONUS TRACKS:

I asked the participants to reach for an extra snotty song to be included as a bonus track.

You have been warned!

41 - Patti Smith Group - Rock N Roll Nigger [bigshoulders-extra snotty]
42 - Ween - Baby Bitch [chris-extra snotty]
43 - The Rotters - Sit On My Face Stevie Nicks [bubs-extra snotty]
44 - Violent Femmes - Add It Up [flannery alden-extra snotty]
45 - Butthole Surfers - 22 Going On 23 [splotchy-extra snotty]

8 comments:

bigshoulders said...

Splotchy,

Here's my comments regarding my choices... Can't wait to read my other bloggers-in-arms discussions.

play it loud,
b.s.

Joe said...

Yay!

I will comment on our choices later tonight. Sweet...

Joe said...

I posted.

Cup said...

Damn, there are some great songs included here. Green Monkey Music Project may be the biggest thing to hit this great nation of ours since American Bandstand.

Splotchy said...

Does that make me Dick Freakin' Clark?

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Ok, Splotchy...my comments are up!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Way to go my little peppery gum drops. I downloaded most of these songs. In fact I am listening to them now. Nice job all.

Dale said...

Most excellent! I've been drooling waiting for these tunes to go live. Y'all have some excellent choices to choose from.