Monday, August 13, 2007

Total Absorption Mix Track Listing (Music Coming Soon!)

Here's the finalized list of the upcoming Total Absorption mix.

01 - The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army [splotchy]
02 - Gang Of Four - Natural's Not In It [splotchy]
03 - Luna - La Poupee Qui Fait Non [splotchy]
04 - Magnetic Fields - I Don't Believe You [splotchy]
05 - The Beta Band - She's The One [splotchy]
06 - The Shins - New Slang [splotchy]
07 - Robyn Hitchcock - The Speed Of Things [splotchy]
08 - The 13th Floor Elevators - I Had To Tell You [splotchy]
09 - Sam Cooke - Change Is Gonna Come [splotchy]
10 - Brian Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets [splotchy]
11 - R.E.M. - Radio Free Europe [beth]
12 - Lyle Lovett - Friend of the Devil [beth]
13 - Michael Stipe feat. Chris Martin - In the Sun [beth]
14 - Nina Simone - Feeling Good [beth]
15 - Oasis - Champagne Supernova [beth]
16 - Neil Young - Philadelphia [beth]
17 - Nanci Griffith - Morning Song for Sally [beth]
18 - Al Green - Love and Happiness [beth]
19 - The Replacements - I Will Dare [beth]
20 - Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter #23 [beth]
21 - James - Ring the Bells [barbara]
22 - Neutral Milk Hotel - King of Carrot Flowers Pt 1 [barbara]
23 - Neutral Milk Hotel - King of Carrot Flowers Pt 2 and 3 [barbara]
24 - Joy Division - Transmission [barbara]
25 - Chad VanGaalen - Blood Machine [barbara]
26 - Pixies - Holiday Song [barbara]
27 - The Constantines - Young Lions [barbara]
28 - Ballboy - Avant Garde Music - [barbara]
29 - Belle and Sebastian - The Boy With the Arab Strap [barbara]
30 - Radiohead - Let Down [barbara]
31 - The Jesus and Mary Chain - Happy When It Rains [barbara]
32 - Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue [monkey]
33 - Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town [monkey]
34 - Rank and File - Post Office Wall [monkey]
35 - Kirsty MacColl - Titanic Days [monkey]
36 - Mediaeval Baebes - Kilmeny [monkey]
37 - Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill [monkey]
38 - Stiff Little Fingers - Who Died and Made You Elvis? [monkey]


I'd be lying to say I wasn't excited. There is so much music I have not heard on this mix!

Look for a post in the next few days containing the actual songs!

5 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Wow, great stuff kids, so much of which I have never heard before. Splotchy I love the Magnetic Fields! And Beth choosing a Nanci Griffith song, way to go girl. And Madam Zombie, Belle and Sebastian, quel suprise!

Excellent jobs all.

Splotchy said...

dr mvm, I'm really looking forward to hearing your stuff, too.

I have never heard of Rank and File, so looked them up on the All Music Guide. I was surprsed to see that Alejandro Escovedo was in the band. The description of their music was very intriguing. I'm can't wait to hear it, the Kirsty MacColl (who I have seen people talk about, but have yet to hear), etc.

Cup said...

Quite an interesting selection from us four cool kids, huh? The mix will be awesome, if my mellow picks don't slow it down too much.

Joe said...

Wow, what a list. I have not heard 18 of those tracks, and a good number of those 18 songs were by artists I haven't even heard of. Very cool.

Y'all do nice work.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Wow that looks fantastic! There are so many artists and songs that I don't know either, which I am really excited to hear and others that I know and love, which makes me all warm and fuzzy to see that other people love them too.

Tis a thing of beauty.