Sunday, January 20, 2008

Gmail Status Abuse

These days I pretty much use my Gmail account for email more than any of my other accounts laying about.

By default when I log in I am also logged in to Gmail's Chat feature. As a Gmail user you can choose to set a status (Available, Busy). This status will be displayed to other Gmail users if you are in their Contacts and they are also logged into Chat. It's also possible to set a custom message that indicates your status to other Gmail users. And therein lies the problem.

I have a person X who sends me emails on a monthly basis with regards to a program I volunteer for. Consequently, she shows up in my address book.

Here is X's current status message:



I'm announcing here that X is not McAwesome. This isn't to say that X is not a good person worthy of praise. It's just that X is not McAwesome -- no one is McAwesome.

NO ONE.

Thank you for your time.

7 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Not even the Hamburglar? Or the Grimace?

Joe said...

Yes, that's true, but from time to time I like to think of myself as "McSwell"

Diamond Dave Diggler said...

I don't know... I'm pretty McAwesome. Or at least MacAwesome.

dguzman said...

I'm not the son of Awesome. I'm not the son of anyone, actually. So I guess I could just be plain Awesome, but not Mc or MacAwesome. Oh well.

Fran said...

you have tempted me...

Anonymous said...

She did it. Fran did it. She's a bad girl, that Fran.

Splotchy said...

randal g, no, especially not them.

bubs, I can see a low-budget 1970's cop show of that name (with you as the star, of course).

CTC, STOP IT.

d, if you didn't overuse the word awesome in your comment, I'd call you awesome. I won't say it, but my feelings are now known to you.

fran, you should be happy to know that you show up right next to McAwesome in my Contacts.

dcup, I'd say she's McAwesomely bad but then I would have to hit myself with a hammer.