Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Movie Quotes 'N Doodles

The three people with the highest number of correct answers on the following movie quotes quiz will get a doodle. All that you need to provide is the movie title, but you're welcome to add your own two cents about the quote/movie.

Please refrain from using search engines.


UPDATE:
Oh forget it. You people had your chance. Unanswered questions now have the answers.


I'd like all the questions to be answered, if possible. Here are some hints regarding the unanswered questions.

#9 is "I'm Paul." (menacingly)
Okay here's another quote from the same movie:
Frank... is a very sick and dangerous man.


#10 - Think B&W. Think war. Think Meeker.
Another quote from the same movie:
If those little sweethearts won't face German bullets, they'll face French ones!


#13 - The character Jerry being addressed in the quote is played by an actor named Jerry.
Another quote:
Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime.


#17 - Mitchum pumpin' gas.
A second hint: rhymes with "Shout Of The Fast"


1) Time Bandits [Rider]
Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!


2) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory [kirby]
You should open your mouth a little wider when you speak.


3) Strangers On A Train [SamuraiFrog]
For example, your wife, my father. Criss-cross.


4) Time After Time [SamuraiFrog]
Pomme frites! Fries are pomme frites!


5) The Big Lebowski [McGone]
I just want to understand this, sir. Every time a rug is micturated upon in this fair city, I have to compensate the owner?



6) Spider-Man [Rider]
That's a cute outfit. Did your husband give it to you?



7) Predator [Rider]
What's the matter? CIA got you pushing too many pencils?



8) The Dead Zone [Johnny Yen]
The ice is going to break!


9) Blue Velvet [Never Identified!]
I'm Paul.


10) Paths of Glory [Never Identified!]
See that cockroach? Tomorrow morning, we'll be dead and it'll be alive. It'll have more contact with my wife and child than I will. I'll be nothing, and it'll be alive.


11) Spaceballs [SamuraiFrog]
Ludicrous speed, go!



12) Hot Fuzz [Rider]
Have you ever fired two guns whilst jumping through the air?



13) The King of Comedy [Never Identified!]
I know, Jerry, that you are as human as the rest of us, if not more so.


14) Life Of Brian [Manx]
Making it worse? How can it be worse? Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!



15) Duck Soup [Manx]
Don't look now, but there's one man too many in this room, and I think it's you.



16) Pet Sematary [Jin]
Has anyone ever buried a person up there?



17) Out of the Past [Never Identified!]
I sell gasoline, I make a small profit. With that I buy groceries. The grocer makes a profit. We call it earning a living. You may have heard of it somewhere.


18) The Birds [McGone]
Why are they doing this? They said when you got here the whole thing started. Who are you? What are you? Where did you come from! I think you're evil. EVIL!


19) Pee Wee's Big Adventure [Rider]
Is this something you can share with the rest of us, Amazing Larry?



20) Deathtrap [Freida Bee]
What's the point of owning a mace, if you don't use it?



Okay, we had a tie for third, so I guess I'll be doing four doodles.

Rider, SamuraiFrog, Manx and McGone, please give me your doodle suggestions!


DOODLE UPDATE:

For Manx:
The Wal-Mart Smiley Face having intercourse with the McDonald's golden arches.




For Rider:
Bill Gates, as Amazing Larry, watching the smiley face and golden arches engage in oral.




For SamuraiFrog:
Billy Dee Williams lifting a car over his head.

24 comments:

Rider said...

It's Monday and I don't want to stress my brain. Therefore, I'll only answer the ones that jumped out at me:

1. Time Bandits
6. Spider-Man
7. Predator ("Dillon, hugh sanofabitch!")
9. Spaceballs (?)
12. Hot Fuzz
19. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

McGone said...

#5 is of course, The Big Lebowski.

#12 is Hot Fuzz!

Beyond that, my brain isn't working today.

jin said...

#18 is from the documentary on my life & the line is me speaking to my soon-to-be-ex!

but seriously...
#16 Pet Cemetary

wow... and that's all I've got!
pathetic jin

Splotchy said...

Nicely done, Rider! All but #9 are correct. I was a little worried about the Predator quote, as I didn't garble the words the way Arnold did in the movie.

McGone, excellent on #5! May your brain feel better soon.

Splotchy said...

jin, correct on #16! I thought that was one of the harder ones.

Manx said...

13. Short Circuit?

14. Life of Brian

15. Marx Brothers? (I can't remember which one if it is)

Anonymous said...

#2 Is from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

#14 is from Life of Brian.

SamuraiFrog said...

3. Strangers on a Train
4. Time After Time
11. Spaceballs
13. Sphere

Splotchy said...

manx, right on #14. I'll give you #15, too.

kirby, I haven't see the Johnny Depp version, so don't know if it's in there. I'm familiar with the quote from the Gene Wilder version. I'll give you full credit, though.

sf, right on 3, 4 and 11!

McGone said...

#18 is The Birds. R.I.P. Suzanne Pleshette.

BeckEye said...

The only movie I can think of where Suzanne Pleshette didn't fare well is "The Birds," so that'll be my guess for #18. Had to have been that crazy beeyotch Jessica Tandy.

It sucks when I get here late and all the ones I know are already gone. #2 is one of my favorite movie quotes of all-time. Wilder is hilarious in his delivery.

Johnny Yen said...

Oh, #8 is easy-- Christopher Walken in The Dead Zone!

Johnny Yen said...

Spoken to one of my favorite character actors, Anthony Zerbe, incidentally.

Splotchy said...

McGone and Beckeye, you are correct, though McGone will haveta get the credit.

Yes, Mr. Yen! You are correct.

Freida Bee said...

OK, I'll pick up the freebie, even though I never saw it and because I am an idiot at your quizzes...

#20 Deathtrap

Manx said...

The doodle I require:

The Wal-Mart Smiley Face having intercourse with the McDonald's golden arches.

Splotchy said...

manx, is cunnilingus okay?

McGone said...

manx, is cunnilingus okay?

Now there's a loaded question.

Manx said...

Since it's one of my favorite things, you bet!

Rider said...

I would like to see Bill Gates, as Amazing Larry, watching the smiley face and golden arches engage in oral.

SamuraiFrog said...

Damn, Manx had a good one.

And what tops weeping Elvis...?

Okay: Billy Dee Williams lifting a car over his head. Because who's cooler than William December Williams?

Diamond Dave Diggler said...

I absolutely love that you dressed Billy D in his Lando outfit!

Freida Bee said...

Your doodle mastery just keeps getting better and better!

Rider said...

That's Amazing Larry alright. I like what you've done with Gates' teeth.