Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, David Patrick Kelly!

This is what one calls a multipurpose post.

First, I would like to wish my adopted actor David Patrick Kelly a very happy birthday.


Happy Birthday!

_______________________________________________________

Second, we continue to honor the fact that January Is Meme Month. I was tagged by Allen L. to do a My Dinner With Andre kinda meme.

Here is the meme:

1. Pick a single person past or present who works in the film industry you would like to have dinner with. And tell us why you chose this person.

2. Set the table for your dinner. What would you eat? Would it be in a home or at a restaurant? And what would you wear? Feel free to elaborate on the details.

3. List five thoughtful questions you would ask this person during dinner.

4. When all is said and done, select six bloggers to pass this Meme along to.

5. Link back to Lazy Eye Theatre, so people know the mastermind behind this Meme.



And my answers:

1. Well, c'mon, who do you think I am going to pick, on this day of all days? David Patrick Kelly, of course.


2. I don't like setting the table. I don't like cooking. If his IMDB entry is factually correct, Mr. Kelly is a vegetarian, and from what I can gather he probably lives in NYC. He is welcome to pick the place to eat -- it doesn't matter to me, though perhaps it could be on the inexpensive side as I would most likely have to travel from Chicago for this meal. I'll wear what I please, unless there is a dress code that would prohibit me from my standard casually sloppy ensemble.


3. Ahhh, I have actually thought about this already! A few months back, I mailed a letter with some interview questions to what I think was DPK's talent agency, but unfortunately did not receive a response. I didn't want to overwhelm the man, so I just sent him six questions. Here they be:


  • How did you first get into acting?

  • How did your casting of the role of Luther in The Warriors come about?

  • Does it surprise you how iconic your "come out to play" lines have come to be?

  • Did the producers of the recent Warriors videogame approach you about reprising the role of Luther? If so, why did you decline their offer?

  • I see that you have many credits for the theatre (though unfortunately, not in my neck of the woods). Do you have a preference for theatre or film acting? What gives you the most joy, and why?

  • From what I can tell from information gathered from the Internet, it indicates you are a composer and musician. Do you have any music that is commercially available? Do you play music regularly in NYC or other cities? Were you involved in the CBGB scene in the late-70's (Blondie, Talking Heads, Television, etc.), either as a performer or a spectator?



If by the remotest chance in hell DPK actually reads this post, I'd still love to hear your answers. If you'd like to email your answers to me at i DOT splotchy AT gmail DOT com it would be truly wonderful.


4. Nope. I am not linking to six people. That's ridiculous.


5. I would link back to you, but then you pissed me off with the fourth rule. Sorry.


_______________________________________________________

And one more tantalizing tidbit of DPK news:


There is some very exciting news on the DPK front at this humble blog. I have been in touch with Max the Drunken Severed Head, who indicated to me that his interview with DPK was close to being transcribed. He has also told me he will allow me to publish the interview on this very blog!

Thanks, Max!

4 comments:

Allen Lulu said...

I love DPK. Really, only, because I dated a woman he had just broke up with 22 years ago. She was crazy as a bedbug, hit on my roommate and was 12 years my senior, but she was fun, kooky and had a pig's valve implanted in her heart.

Splotchy said...

Coincidentally, that's everything I look for in a mate!

Thanks for the tag, Allen.

Moderator said...

I have veggie recipies you can borrow.

Splotchy said...

grant, I will forward it onto interested parties. I would just embarrass myself with your recipes. I am recipillierate.